Fcitx 5.1.6

Weng Xuetian

Jan 4, 2024, 6:25:12 AMJan 4
to fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com, fcitx, fcitx-dev
Hi all,
Happy new year! Some highlights in this release:
1. full Qt6 port on the Configuration GUI
To build it you'll need some KF6 packages. This is a preparation
for the upcoming KDE6 release so you can have kcm ready in Plasma 6
systemsettings. For the earlier birds, especially Arch's
[kde-unstable] users, there are some QML bugs in Qt 6.7 beta that
prevent the KCM from working correctly. My experience with Qt 6.6 is
great.
E.g.
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-120084
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-120189

Once KDE Plasma 6 is released, Qt6 option (mainly the configuration
user interface plugin, e.g. Pinyin's dictionary manager), will be on
by default. So this is something to watch as a packager.

2. libevent -> libuv
We have been using sd-event and libevent as event loop
implementation since 5.0. On most linux systems, sd-event will still
be used by default. But on non-systemd linux or other *nix systems,
libevent was used to serve the event loop. This will change since this
release. The main reason is that libevent can't provide the feature we
need and there's not much stable release since 2020. Even if they do a
new release, we still target ubuntu 20.04 so we can't really use the
new feature we need.

fcitx5 5.1.6
1. don't allow restart from UI when running with wayland im protocol
2. improve ProcessKeyBatch to support delete surrounding
3. Fix fractional scale rounding to follow the spec
4. fix minor compatibility in ibus frontend with ibus 1.5.29 so ibus
im module won't spam the log
5. fix modifier only hyper key detection
6. don't use xcb grab key when wayland im module already has a grab

fcitx5-chinese-addons 5.1.3
- Improve pinyin initial loading by loading all the features, so first
stroke related key press won't be slowed down.
- Add extra dictionary support for the table engine. Right now, you
will need to put the dict file manually under
~/.local/share/fcitx5/table/[tablename].dict.d/. scel2org5 have a new
option convert the dict to acceptable txt format. For the ease of use,
both txt/binary dict are accepted under that directory. But you will
need to make sure, that the table has built-in phrase rule, otherwise
it won't work.
- Port UI plugin to qt6
- Default to webengine since qt webkit is lack of maintenance.

fcitx5-qt 5.1.4
Port to Qt6
Fix a rendering issue with client side input panel

fcitx5-kkc 5.1.1 / fcitx5-skk 5.1.1 / fcitx5-unikey 5.1.2
Port to Qt 6

libime 1.1.4
1. Improve Pinyin prediction order
2. Fix two shuangpin profile bugs
3. Fix build on musl
4. Fix for exact match mode
5. libime_tabledict adds a new mode flag for extra dict.

libime-jyupting 1.0.9
Improve the order for "m" and "ng"

xcb-imdkit 1.0.6
Add some more attempts to send the event mask to the xim client. There
seems to be some race in libx11 that, under certain cases, might miss
the event mask message.
This will help the situation like kodi. But kodi will also need this
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24393 fix to be able to work with
XIM.

Thanks and Enjoy typing!