[fc-toolbox] how to identify hubs?

kwhittin

May 16, 2010, 11:26:08 AM5/16/10
to MATLAB Toolbox for Functional Connectivity
Hello,

I was wondering what the best way was to identify the sites (be it EEG
or FMRI) that are 'best connected'. That is, I have a connected
matrix A in which I set the diagonals to zero. I then compare:

(1) degrees_und(A)

(2) degrees_und(randmio_connected(A,100))

and only retain the sites where (1) is greater than (2). Is this the
appropriate way to identify 'hubs', or am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Dongli Zhou

May 16, 2010, 9:05:58 PM5/16/10
to fc-to...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Kevin,

You can check the following link of the brain connectivity toolbox developed by Dr. Sporns et al. They listed several methods of how to deal with connectivity matrix.

http://groups.google.com/group/fc-toolbox/web/the-brain-connectivity-toolbox?hl=en

Dongli