Saturday Free Culture event at Lincoln Center- Wikipedia Goes to the Movies: Library Edit-a-thon

1 view

Pharos

Nov 26, 2012, 2:38:54 PM11/26/12
to Free Culture @ NYU Discuss
Hi NYU Free Culturites,

I would like to invite you to join a fun and cinematic freeculturey
event Saturday at the performing arts library up at Lincoln Center.

Join the community effort on Saturday December 1 to improve Wikipedia
articles on film and the performing arts at New York Public Library
for the Performing Arts! (located at 40 Lincoln Center Plaza)

Stay for the afternoon or drop in at any time between 12pm and 5 PM.
NYPL staff will be on hand to provide information and instruction on
using the collections. Volunteer Wikipedians will be present to
provide support and instruction on editing Wikipedia. (Bring a laptop
if you have one.)

Sign up on Meetup.com:
http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/events/92497862/

Wikipedia event page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Goes_to_the_Movies

New York Public Library event page:
http://www.nypl.org/events/programs/2012/11/03/wikipedia-goes-movies

Please share with the regular lists, and anyone who likes movies
and/or free culture!

Thanks,
Richard
Wikimedia NYC

David Goodman

Nov 26, 2012, 3:22:42 PM11/26/12
to fc-nyu-...@googlegroups.com
And if you have some particularly topic you would want to work on, let
me know in advance by email, so we can have material ready. But we'll
also be prepared to help you find material whenever you find you need
it. If you aren;t sure what you want to work on, we'll have
suggestions.
> --

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.

DGG on wikipedia