Can I set the volume UP button to take me to the table of contents / Library.

geli

Sep 4, 2011, 1:22:52 AM9/4/11
to FBReader
I've had FBreader on my tablet for a month now, and I am using it more
and more. But basically, I'm new to it.

For my question, I used the search, but could not find an answer.

I use and enjoy, the feature of using the volume down button to flip
the page to the next page of what I am reading. I almost never use
the volume up to to go backwards. On the rare time I read
backwards, tapping the screen would fit the situation.

Therefore, I'd like to change the function of the Volume UP Key to:

Short press on the UP Volume Key: Go to the Table of Contents.
Long press on the UP Volume Key: Go to the Library.

Most of my reading using FBReader is from newspapers that I have
imported from Calibre, That means that I am often skipping certain
articles, and switching to a different newspaper during the time I am
doing my reading.

I''m thinking that as of now, the button to action assignment that I
want is not available on FBReader, Is that true. And thanks for a
great product, and could it be even better with this additional
feature? So thanks developers and groups members.