RTL languages support on FBReaderJ

روح الله دلپاک

Oct 16, 2011, 5:30:36 AM10/16/11
to FBReader
All ePub books that written with RTL languages such as
Arabic,Persian,Hebrew doesn't show correctly words order in FBReaderJ.
For example we must see "سیستم عامل اندروید" but we see incorrect
order "اندروید عامل سیستم" !!
This bug related to text rendering engine that FBReaderJ uses that.
but FBReader (Windows version) works fine with RTL languages and
supports them correctly.
So, certainly it is possible to FBReaderJ developers team to use same
library that FBReader uses for text rendering.
Solving this bug helps to all people hows language is in RTL mode.

We hope this bug be solve soon as soon.

Thanks in your advance.

gcapiel

Oct 17, 2011, 2:09:51 PM10/17/11
to fbre...@googlegroups.com
We would be interested in support for RTL as well, since are considering FBReaderJ for working with Arabic ePubs.

Gerardo Capiel
VP of Engineering
Benetech