fbcmd [v1.1] ERROR: STATUS, 4 application request limit reached

B. Henry

Jul 16, 2014, 11:09:44 AM7/16/14
to fb...@googlegroups.com
I am now getting this error no matter what I try to do with fbcmd.
fbcmd [v1.1] ERROR: STATUS
[4] Application request limit reached
This comes after re-authorizing fbcmd yesterday for the 2nd time about a month after the last reauth. I did two status
updates yesterday, one or two stream checks and a like only, so I've hardly been saturating the api with requests.
Any thoughts? Is this happening to everyone?
--
B.H.

Dan Griswold

Jul 16, 2014, 12:59:38 PM7/16/14
to fb...@googlegroups.com
I got the same thing this morning, while trying to authorize fbcmd for the first time on a second machine. I hope someone knows what it means, as I have no idea.

It's somewhat comforting to know that the error is not just for me.

Dan

--

---

B. Henry

Jul 16, 2014, 10:50:16 PM7/16/14
to fb...@googlegroups.com
For me , it is some what terifying, i.e. fb has destroyed our access with some other api change.

I hope it's temporary, but suspect with out a major rewrite my ability to comfortably interact with most of facebook is
down for the count.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:59:37PM -0400, Dan Griswold wrote:
> I got the same thing this morning, while trying to authorize fbcmd for the first time on a second machine. I hope

> someone knows what it means, as I have no idea. It's somewhat comforting to know that the error is not just for me.
> Dan
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM, B. Henry <[1]burt1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I am now getting this error no matter what I try to do with fbcmd.
> fbcmd [v1.1] ERROR: STATUS
> [4] Application request limit reached
> This comes after re-authorizing fbcmd yesterday for the 2nd time
> about a month after the last reauth. I did two status
> updates yesterday, one or two stream checks and a like only, so I've
> hardly been saturating the api with requests.
> Any thoughts? Is this happening to everyone?
> --
> B.H.
> --
> ---
>
> --
> ---
>
> References
>
> 1. mailto:burt1...@gmail.com
> 2. mailto:fbcmd+un...@googlegroups.com
> 3. https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> 4. mailto:fbcmd+un...@googlegroups.com
> 5. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

B. Henry

Jul 16, 2014, 11:02:07 PM7/16/14
to fb...@googlegroups.com
OK, all's working as it did yesterday, must have been a temporary glitch with the api, hopefully not to repeat. Perhaps
they had changed code and found out it was breaking things and dealt with it, or maybe they got some kind of attack that
effected things.
Anyway, should have tested before responding a few minutes ago, but we'd been with out internet most of the day and I just
wanted to get through email as fast as possible.
Cheers, and long live fbcmd/still hoping for that rewrite that was mentioned last fall!

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:59:37PM -0400, Dan Griswold wrote:
> I got the same thing this morning, while trying to authorize fbcmd for
> the first time on a second machine. I hope someone knows what it means,
> as I have no idea.
> It's somewhat comforting to know that the error is not just for me.
> Dan
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM, B. Henry <[1]burt1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I am now getting this error no matter what I try to do with fbcmd.
> fbcmd [v1.1] ERROR: STATUS
> [4] Application request limit reached
> This comes after re-authorizing fbcmd yesterday for the 2nd time
> about a month after the last reauth. I did two status
> updates yesterday, one or two stream checks and a like only, so I've
> hardly been saturating the api with requests.
> Any thoughts? Is this happening to everyone?
> --
> B.H.
> --
> ---
>
> --
> ---

hamada.youn...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2014, 6:43:10 AM12/24/14
to fb...@googlegroups.com
the same with me ! but i realized that it needs  to wait 30 minuts ,  and use it again  ! and i don't think that's related with fbcmd , maybe with facebook !
anyhow i'm also wwaitting a solution :)

B. Henry

Jan 5, 2015, 12:24:28 PM1/5/15
to fb...@googlegroups.com
I do not think this is related to anything that an individual user does as I usually get these messages when I've not used FBCMD at all the day I get
the app limit reached messages. I may have used FBCMD the day before, but in other cases I've not used it in weeks, and once I'd used it a few hours
before.
To be fair and clear about this I've only had this problem a few times so any pattern may not have appeared yet due to a small number of usage events to
go on.
I do not think there is any particular time period that you must wait either. Once I got these messages for a few hours, another time after a
relatively short wait FBCMD was allowed access again. Do not spend your time trying to relink FBCMD as this won't help in my experience.
Someone brought up a possible explanation, i.e. the total traffic generated by all FBCMD users is counted against the app, and thus if many of us are
using FBCMD some day it will be blocked for everyone.
I've not done any research to try and verify this theory, but it makes sense.
Please, if you know a contact method for Facebook where we can request that FBCMD and other standalone apps are not disallowed use it, and share the
contact info here so that we can all chime in.
I know that FB wants us to spend time on the website so we see their advertising, but if I can not quickly and easily post and interact with existing
content via FBCMD, email and other methods I'll stop using FB altogether and never visit the website except to give minimal maintainance to a page I
manage.
I for one won't delete my account, (or as much of it as I can anyway), but will cut my usage by at least a magnitude if there comes a day when FBCMD
and the like stop working.
They already caused thefriendmail to shutdown. That was a nice way to interact with content that let me read a lot of posts I'd otherwise not have the
time to look at. Read something interesting with
fbcmd stream
for instance, and there's a chance that a user will go to the website to read more etc.

--
B.H.
Registerd Linux User 521886

hamada.youn...@gmail.com wrote:
Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 03:43:10AM -0800
> --
>
> ---
>
> References
>
> Visible links
> 1. mailto:fbcmd+un...@googlegroups.com
> 2. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

younes hamada

Jan 6, 2015, 12:53:10 PM1/6/15
to fb...@googlegroups.com
it's not a big problem !
agree with you ! it's not related to authentification or any , like that ! but i don't remember i have been wrote the message in google , i found in (devloper.facebook ... site ) something about API limits ! i think every user have a limit for any thing on fb ( likes , streams , comments [example : number of likes per houre ] , i alro found that it need  30 minuts to be unblocked !!
for me ! i'm a new linuxer , while i'm learnning now bash scripting , i have a script that manage my account automaticaly , and i only add a command that will check if it's ok or needs 30 minuts , and it's working well ! https://github.com/younes-hamada/fbm

--

---

B. Henry

Jan 21, 2015, 7:36:38 PM1/21/15
to fb...@googlegroups.com

All I know is that I have never been using anything on FB accessively, often nothing at all when I get these messages.
That is why I payed attention to the person who said that it could be a app limit related to the total usage of fbcmd by all users,. not the use of my
account, which again, is always fairly light.
The most I ever use it is when doing a lot of readingt and sharing things with shareaholic from chrome and or firefox. As I can never see more than 10
items at a time from my timeline with FBCMD it is rare that I will comment more than a few times in any given session, i.e. afternoon or morning. Add a
couple status updates or posts, and maybe I use fbcmd 10 times in a heavy use hour for posting, and another 5-10 times to read things, but again, I have
never been blocked during these heavier use times.

--
B.H.
Registerd Linux User 521886

Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 05:53:07PM +0000