FBCMD auth expires often these days

B. Henry

Jul 16, 2014, 11:00:02 AM7/16/14
to fb...@googlegroups.com
I just reauthorized my fbcmd, (old, stable version as beta never would authorize correctly for me and has it's own
issues), a month ago more or less. I wish I'd written down the date, but I went to post a status update yesterday and
found that it needed authorization, session had expired.
I never had these issues when I started using this program a few years ago. I thought the original request was likely due
to some facebook privacy policy change as other applicatios also were requesting that I explicitly gave them perms again,
but I was surprised to see such a auth request again so soon after having given permission again.
Is this now a monthly ritual for everyone?
Are other applications behaving this way as well?
Other than my chat clients, pidgin, bitlbee, thunderbird and so forth I seldom use my other aps, so maybe they are doing
this as well. I can't easily check on a couple as they are for windows, which I've pretty much completely abandoned.
Thanks for any insight as to what's happening.