Faye Cluster - subscribe/connect/handshake failed with unknown client error code 401

ALS

Mar 27, 2018, 3:55:42 PM3/27/18
to Faye users
Hi,

We have Faye Cluster Setup with one Redis master and remaining slaves with Front-end HaProxy LB, we are using Faye Ruby Gem Version '1.2.4', Faye-Redis  '2.0' and rainbows '5.1.1' Gem.

[Faye::Server] Returning replies: [{"id":"2","clientId":"cpodeukskpwnbhov6idozzpsdt9rjm8","channel":"/meta/subscribe","successful":false,"error":"401:cpodeukskpwnbhov6idozzpsdt9rjm8:Unknown client","subscription":"/you76cdym02n0jf8u7kb4ind/triggers/32ce108446127c3ba76db73cd72fd998/timeline"}

We are having issues with Send and Receive the messages, till now we have tested with a couple of scenarios if we use only one Load Balancer the application works fine, but if we use multiple LBs the application not functioning properly and getting above error.

Any help much appreciated!!!

Thanks...

Kostiantyn Malynovskyi

Mar 28, 2018, 10:51:11 AM3/28/18
to Faye users
We experience same similar issue. We're running Faye 1.2.4, faye-redis 0.2.2 behind rainbows 5.1.1 and ruby version is 2.4.2.
In most cases it fails on handshake but some times it happens on subscribe too. Also If inspect failed request in browser console we can see warning message: Provisional headers are shown.

ALS

Apr 3, 2018, 4:51:45 AM4/3/18
to Faye users
Hi,

The Haproxy getting 504 time out error intermittently, we have tried to increasing the capacity on nodes, increased the Faye timeout to 60 Sec and increased the no of rainbow workers to 64 but still, one of the clients is getting timed out.

while looking at Faye logs, it still states "unknown client".

Could you please take a look at this request?