Announcing Faye version 1.3.0

James Coglan

Jun 8, 2020, 11:31:52 AM6/8/20
to faye-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

It's been a while since the last significant release of Faye -- things
are fairly stable these days aside from the occasional maintenance
issue. Today I'm publishing version 1.3.0, which collects a series of
minor improvements and fixes that we've accumulated since 1.2.4. They
are:

- Support `user:pass@` authorization in URIs and send `Authorization` headers
from the Node HTTP transport
- Support IPv6 hostnames in URIs
- Allow credentials (cookies and `Authorization` headers) in cross-origin
requests, by:
- setting `Access-Control-Allow-Origin` to the value of the `Origin` header
(not `*`)
- enabling `Access-Control-Allow-Credentials`
- Enable credentials when sending cross-origin requests
- Don't disconnect WebSocket on page unload if `autodisconnect` is turned off
- Catch errors when creating a WebSocket, which happens when Content Security
Policy blocks it, allowing other transports to be tried
- Fix a bug in the client where it handles messages from other clients as though
they're the server's response to its own messages, based on the `id` field;
now we only treat messages as server responses if they contain `successful:
true`
- Stop sending an empty message list `[]` from the WebSocket client as a
keep-alive mechanism since CometD does not accept this message
- Fix deprecation warnings for using the `new Buffer()` constructor
- Switch to the Apache 2.0 license

As usual, you can install the release via npm or rubygems. Do let me
know if you have any issues or questions.

Best wishes,
James