faye -server running javascript function on client on iOS

Jamie Parry

Feb 28, 2018, 10:04:18 AM2/28/18
to Faye users
hi I'm doing a project to run a html5 media player service on a node server running on a raspberry pi, so the player can be "skipped back 5 seconds" by a footswitch attached to GPIO on the pi. This is for audio transcribing.
The raspberry pi server seems to be able to do lots of audio files at once so I thought i would like a web app so multiple people could all look at and listen to different files on their phones.
It all works on desktop chrome and Safari but not on mobile iOS safari or chrome
I'm not really a web pogrammer (it's too hard!) but has anyone got a clue if I can do this?
if it involves having to make the site https not http I probably can't afford it just to mess about!!
but if there's any other reason why it isn't working on iOS safari then I might keep plugging away at it.:-)
thanks a lot for any help you can offer
jamie

Jamie Parry

Feb 28, 2018, 12:58:27 PM2/28/18
to Faye users
everyone can ignore me sorry I fixed my own problem which I had generated myself!
when i did the development on my macbook i had the "non node" javascript looking for "localhost"  once i copied it to the actual web server i should have replaced that with the ACTUAL ip address of the server. Did that and lo it all worked perfectly on the iPhone as well as everywhere else.
Thank you so much for writing faye it has really helped me on this weird project