Computer Klink says Device not detected

Tyson N.

Jan 20, 2012, 9:47:55 PM1/20/12
to Klink
Hello I have used this program before with the same computer and
device. It worked great for a month or so. I hadn't used it for awhile
and now when I go to connect it shows device not detected. The program
runs fine on the phone. Like I said I have used this program before
successfully. I have checked all my settings and played all of them. I
have an Evo 3D with sprint and am using an Asus computer running
windows 7.
PS this is the second time posting on here to get an answer and never
got a response and could not even find my original post

Kevin Ko

Feb 6, 2012, 5:17:51 PM2/6/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tyson.

Sorry for the slow reply.  Google Groups never sent me a moderation request for your message, so I didn't discover it until now.

Could you check the following settings on your phone?

- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone.  (Press Start within Klink's Android program and follow any instructions that pop up.)

- Set your Evo3d to charging only mode when it's connected to your PC.  You can normally select this when you plug your phone into your computer.  If you don't get the menu:

* From your phone's home screen, press the Menu key.
* Choose Settings > Connect to PC
* Check the "Ask me" box
* Choose the "Charging only" USB connection type.

- Make sure that your Evo3d's built-in USB tether mode is turned off, as this will conflict.  This will probably be under the "Connect to PC" setting above, or it will be under Settings > Wireless & networks.  (Just make sure that any built-in USB tether or hotspot modes are disabled.)

Does this help?

Kevin

Tyson Niemann

Feb 6, 2012, 6:22:40 PM2/6/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com
That's ok thank you for the response.

I had checked all those settings before emailing you. I did check all the settings again and am still having the problem. I have tried different usb ports and different cables also.

Kevin Ko

Feb 6, 2012, 10:35:15 PM2/6/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tyson.

Could you open up Windows Device Manager when you plug your phone in and tell me where your phone appears?  It should appear near the top as some sort of "ADB" device.

To do this:

- Click on the Windows Start button
- Search for "devmgmt.msc"
- Connect your Evo3d to your computer.
- You should see your Android device listed in device manager.

Does it show up?  Is there some sort of error symbol next to it?  You can check by right-clicking on the device and choosing "Properties".

Also, have you installed some Android sync software like HTC Sync on your PC?  Klink should work with HTC Sync, but there's always a possibility of some incompatibility.  To check, could you make sure that any Android sync software is not running in the background?  Most are configured to start automatically when Windows powers up, so keep an eye out for their icons in the WIndows tray (near the clock).

Kevin

Tyson Niemann

Feb 7, 2012, 9:42:15 PM2/7/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com
Well I am sending you this email from my computer using the app. I just told it to update drivers and it worked. So thank you very much again for helping me get this to work. You have a great app and I will gladly support it with such good customer service.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Tyson Niemann <tnie...@gmail.com> wrote:

You were correct I pulled up the device manager and my phone was at the top with triangle.!  And says windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source (code 52)
I hope that can help you figure it out
Thanks again

Tyson Niemann

Feb 7, 2012, 9:18:17 PM2/7/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com

You were correct I pulled up the device manager and my phone was at the top with triangle.!  And says windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source (code 52)
I hope that can help you figure it out
Thanks again

Kevin Ko

Feb 7, 2012, 9:57:32 PM2/7/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com
Oh, good!  You're very welcome.  I'm glad that we could get things taken care of quickly.  I've also written a note to myself about your situation, so hopefully I'll be able to remember in the future.

Kevin