Honeycomb

sasaki

May 12, 2012, 11:31:56 PM5/12/12
to Klink
im planing to get a Acer Iconia Tab A500 which is using Honeycomb
(android OS).
here is my question. what type of applications should i install for
the tablet?
it is not Windows.
i have a HTC 3d with sprint and im already using the klink with HP
laptop.

tell me about it,

thanks

Kevin Ko

May 13, 2012, 12:41:56 AM5/13/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com, godspee...@gmail.com
Hi, Sasaki.

I'm predictably behind schedule with the tablet release of Klink, because I got side-tracked with some back-end infrastructure stuff that I intend to use with the new version.  It will be ready soon, though, as much of the protocol support is written and tested at this point.  When it is ready, I'll post a note here to the list with the exact instructions that you'll want to follow.

As an aside, Acer is in the process of rolling out Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) updates to the A500, so with luck, you should soon be able to run the latest version of Android on your tablet.

Kevin

Kevin Ko

May 13, 2012, 12:44:11 AM5/13/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com, godspee...@gmail.com
As a quick note, if you run Windows 7, you can turn it into a wifi hotspot piggybacking on Klink using the free utility Connectify (http://connectify.me/).  This might be useful in a home environment.

Kevin

zubair morshed

Mar 5, 2015, 4:33:01 PM3/5/15
to favese...@googlegroups.com, godspee...@gmail.com
Hi Kevin,
I already bought your software and use the internet from my phone to my laptop. I was wondering when do you plan to release Klink for Android tablet.

Thanks,

Zubair

Kevin Ko

Mar 5, 2015, 4:36:45 PM3/5/15
to favese...@googlegroups.com, zubair morshed
Hi,

I've actually not done much further because of the following bug in Android:

Basically, anything using DownloadManager (like Play Store downloads) would not be able to see a network connection.  Web browsing and some apps would work, however.

Is that something that would be acceptable?  I think that there would be some backlash from users if I released something without complete functionality...

Kevin