Chromebooks and Andriod Tablet

已查看 15 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Abraham Chapman

未读,
2015年1月11日 04:03:182015/1/11
收件人 favese...@googlegroups.com
Right now one can use Klink to connect a Mac, PC, or Linux computer to the internet through a phone's mobile internet connection.

Can an Android tablet be connected to the internet, through a phone's mobile internet connection, using Klink?

How about a Chromebook?

Kevin Ko

未读,
2015年1月11日 23:09:012015/1/11
收件人 favese...@googlegroups.com、Abraham Chapman
Hi,

Android tablets and Chromebooks are not supported at the moment.

There was a long-standing issue with Android's VPN service (which I would use to tunnel traffic) that would prevent things from working with Android KitKat (https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62714).  It seems like the problem was resolved with the recent roll-out of Android Lollipop, so I might re-investigate the matter.

Chromebooks are more interesting but rely on a radically different programming environment that would require a substantial re-write of the client code.  Based on ChromeOS's user base, I'm not sure if it would be worth it, but I would like to play with bits and pieces as time allows, since I do use a Chromebook myself.

Kevin

回复全部
回复作者
转发