403 Forbidden

Matteo Morlacchi

Jul 18, 2022, 10:06:41 AMJul 18
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi, when using OAuth v1 to generate an authorize url from python client library i get an error stating 403 Forbidden. Secret and Key seems correct and OAuth1 is enabled. Do i need to do something before?

Steve H

Jul 20, 2022, 7:28:37 PMJul 20
to FatSecret Platform API

I'm experiencing the same issue

seba...@fatsecret.com

Jul 21, 2022, 6:45:05 AMJul 21
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi there,

It seems you are not correctly requesting a token.

For postman, you can try getting a token like this: see attached.

Then you can use that token to make an API request like shown attached. This is an example for a food.get.v2 request.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

05EEB4A7A68A4659BFF2D455C8F072AC.png
E459A5ADE11B402DB36C4CDC5810BE8D.png

Matteo Morlacchi

Jul 21, 2022, 6:45:36 AMJul 21
to FatSecret Platform API
I think it's on their end. Yesterday was offline all day and today it's working correctly (tested now)

Steve H

Jul 21, 2022, 7:17:21 AMJul 21
to FatSecret Platform API
did something change recently?
I'm using this FatSecret python package and it hasn't had an issue for over the last year: https://pypi.org/project/fatsecret/

seba...@fatsecret.com

Jul 21, 2022, 7:19:55 AMJul 21
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi there,
Thanks for following up.
We are currently investigating the issue around your report regarding the error yesterday but it seems that it's working well again.
There haven't been any changes regarding Python that we have deployed recently.
Kind regards,
The FatSecret Platform API Team