Images, Allergens, Dietary Preferences - Latest Feature Release

seba...@fatsecret.com

Apr 2, 2024, 11:20:06 PMApr 2
to FatSecret Platform API

Dear valued FatSecret Platform API developers,

We have recently released several new features which can now be made available for your FatSecret Platform API account if you are a Premier or Premier Free user.

As of March 1st, 2024, the FatSecret Platform API also provides:

- Allergen Information covering the following 10 allergens: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lactose, Milk, Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy.

- Dietary Preferences covering "Vegan" and "Vegetarian".

- High qualify Food Images whereby each food item will have a single high quality, isolated image in a neutral setting with bright white background in the format of a .png file available in 3 sizes (70x70, 400x400 and 1024x1024 pixels).

With the addition of the new data types mentioned above, we have also published 2 upgrades to existing API calls to ensure all these new data types are available both through food.get as well as food.search.

Our new food.get.v4 method can be found here: https://platform.fatsecret.com/docs/v4/food.get

Our new food.search.v3 method can be found here: https://platform.fatsecret.com/docs/v3/foods.search

 Please note:

- Existing API calls (such as food.get.v3 and food.search.v2) will remain valid and fully functional to ensure backwards compatibility. The new API calls food.get.v4 and food.search.v3 are optional upgrades.

- We will enable access to the new data types mentioned above at no additional cost for existing Premier and Premier Free clients. Please get in touch if you would like to have access to the capabilities mentioned above.

 Unrelated to the new data types above, we have also added Ukrainian as a new language and now support 24 languages in total.

Furthermore, there were an additional 1,000 recipes published to our international recipe database throughout Q1 meaning we now cover more than 17,000 recipes globally.

More information is available on our blog, please visit: http://blog.fatsecret.com

Feel free to reach out should there be any questions. We appreciate your efforts in developing with the FatSecret Platform API and wish you well.

Kind regards,
The FatSecret Platform API Team