foods.search.v3 doesn't work

Felipe Verri

Mar 22, 2024, 6:44:41 AMMar 22
to FatSecret Platform API
Hello, I have a premier free account, and when I try to do the following request:

method: "POST",
headers: {
"Content-Type": "application/json",
"Authorization": "Bearer <my token>"
}

I get the following response: "code: 10, message: "Unknown method: method 'foods.search.v3'"

I think the way I'm getting my token works, because foods.search.v2 works, this is the way I'm fetching it.

url: 'https://oauth.fatsecret.com/connect/token',
method : 'POST',
auth : {
user : <my client key>,
password : <my secret key>
},
headers: { 'content-type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'},
form: {
'grant_type': 'client_credentials',
},
json: true

How can I make foods.search.v3 work? Is foods.search.v2 the same as the v3?

seba...@fatsecret.com

Mar 27, 2024, 11:23:14 PMMar 27
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi Felipe,

We have run some checks over the past few days and couldn't see or find any issues.

We have also double checked your API key and it is fully provisioned with all Premier capabilities.

Can you please double check using Postman?

Kind regards,
The FatSecret Platform API Team

Can

Apr 1, 2024, 2:26:37 AMApr 1
to FatSecret Platform API
I had this problem too. I dont have any problem with search.v1
Ekran görüntüsü 2024-03-29 143926.pngEkran görüntüsü 2024-03-29 143832.pngEkran görüntüsü 2024-03-29 143856.png

Alex Lipman

Apr 1, 2024, 2:26:37 AMApr 1
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi!
This same issue is occurring for me - also under the premier free account.
Request successful: {'error': {'code': 10, 'message': "Unknown method: method 'foods.search.v3'"}}

foods.search.v2 works perfectly normal, so I'm wondering what could be causing foods.search.v3 to break.

Thanks!
Alex

Alex Lipman

Apr 1, 2024, 2:26:37 AMApr 1
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi!

I am receiving the same error. I am also on the premium free tier. While foods.search.v2 works without a problem, I am receiving the following error when trying to access v3.
 {'error': {'code': 10, 'message': "Unknown method: method 'foods.search.v3'"}}

Please let me know if there is something else that I should do to get v3 to work.

Thanks!
Alex

seba...@fatsecret.com

Apr 1, 2024, 2:58:16 AMApr 1
to FatSecret Platform API
Thanks guys.
Our team is looking into this. While it is currently working for the majority of developers we are looking into your individual keys to understand where the issue might be.
We'll be in touch as soon as we know more

Miftakhul Aziz

Apr 1, 2024, 4:55:21 AMApr 1
to FatSecret Platform API
I have same issue, when find using v3 have issue  {'error': {'code': 10, 'message': "Unknown method: method 'foods.search.v3'"}}

seba...@fatsecret.com

Apr 1, 2024, 5:56:12 PMApr 1
to FatSecret Platform API
Thanks. This error seems to be in relation to OAuth2.0 while it is working fine under OAuth1.0.
We will deploy a fix to address this

seba...@fatsecret.com

Apr 1, 2024, 7:30:28 PMApr 1
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi guys,
The issue reported above has been fixed.
Please let us know if there are any issues or questions.