Setting up a login under a different IP

Дмитрий Шупегин

Apr 4, 2023, 11:35:23 AM4/4/23
to FatSecret Platform API
I made everything work according to the registered IP. How to make it possible to receive data from different IP addresses?

seba...@fatsecret.com

Apr 4, 2023, 11:36:04 AM4/4/23
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better secure OAuth 2.0 we implemented IP Restrictions.
This restrictions 'white list' IP Addresses for a given client Key/Secret.

We block requests to FatSecret API for a Key/Secret if the source IP is not white listed.Before releasing IP ranges we allowed only 15 specific IP addresses. The new 'ranges' allows users to white list up to 15 ranges of IP addresses.

Example: 0.0.0.0/0 => is a range that allows any IPV4 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classless_Inter-Domain_Routing

For Mobile apps we would recommend using an API proxy server to avoid Mobile Apps communicating directly with FatSecret APIs.

This proxy should be responsible for:

-          Manage the validity / renewal of your OAuth 2.0 access tokens
-          Forward any FatSecret related requests to FatSecret APIs

We would like to ask you to avoid having your client’s credentials part of your Mobile App source code / configuration.

For further technical assistance, please consult with our dedicated group forum.

Kind regards,
The FatSecret Platform API Team