Permission to Manually Gather and Use Data from FatSecret Website

Afmin

May 14, 2024, 5:48:22 AMMay 14
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi,

I have a question regarding the use of data from the FatSecret website. I am working on a project where I need to gather data manually from the site, specifically the sugar content in various foods. For example, I would like to collect data from this URL: [Cup Cake Nutritional Information](https://www.fatsecret.co.id/kalori-gizi/padimas/cup-cake/1-porsi).

My plan is to compile around 200 entries and create a database that indicates the sugar content of different foods. I will ensure that all the data in my database is credited to FatSecret.

Am I allowed to gather this data manually for my project, and are there any specific guidelines or restrictions I should be aware of?

seba...@fatsecret.com

May 14, 2024, 5:49:32 AMMay 14
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi Afmin,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just confirming that this is a violation of our terms of service and hence not allowed.

You can use our API to return nutrition data.

Please get in touch via email or through our Contact Us form on the Platform API website.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Afmin

May 14, 2024, 11:42:42 PMMay 14