Invalid request: Must be over https

Andrey Dimitrov

Oct 28, 2022, 7:08:01 AM10/28/22
to FatSecret Platform API
Hello,

So I've been using the api for more that a year today I checked the logs and I see Invalid request: Must be over https have anything changed from API side?

seba...@fatsecret.com

Oct 28, 2022, 7:09:18 AM10/28/22
to FatSecret Platform API
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. That's correct. We made a change during the year (as announced here in the forum on several occasions beforehand) that all API calls must be made via HTTPS going forward.

Kind regards,
The FatSecret Platform API developer team

Fritt Ro

Apr 16, 2023, 6:35:47 PM4/16/23
to FatSecret Platform API
Aha thanks, this is good to know in advance, before I start getting into the API myself. I was intending to use the ImportJSONViaPost() function (created by Brad Jasper) to access the FatSecret REST API here. However, with this discussion in mind it looks like I will need to focus on learning how to use the ImportJSONBasicAuth() function instead, so as to use the HTTP Basic Auth procedure instead of trying to use POST parameters. That should save me some frustration during my learning curve. Thanks again for this info.