Error during "Testing the Install"

Carl Buist

Dec 14, 2018, 4:28:05 PM12/14/18
to Fatiando a Terra
Hello!

After I installed Fatiando I ran the tests and I got "3 failed, 212 passed, 37 warnings in 177.31 seconds". The errors that I saw when scrolling up were:

 "E   TypeError: 'numpy.float64' object cannot be interpreted as an index..."

I've put an image of what was there after test below.

Also below are the specs of my computer.
  • Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS
  • Version of Fatiando you installed: I don't know, I installed it today (12/14/2018)
  • Python distribution (AnacondaETS/Canopy, own install): I believe it is Anaconda [that is what I used to install everything today.]
  • Python version (2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, etc): Python version 2.7
  • The script you ran (and gave you an error/weird result): python -c "import fatiando; fatiando.test()"
  • The error message (the part that says Traceback: ...) or result (figure, numbers, etc)E   TypeError: 'numpy.float64' object cannot be interpreted as an index

Thank you,
Carl Buist

Errors.png

Leonardo Uieda

Dec 17, 2018, 7:27:15 PM12/17/18
to fati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

Did you install fatiando using pip or conda?
Can you tell me the output of "conda list"?

The error is because we haven't updated the fatiando library in a while and it no longer works with the current numpy.
The reason is that we're currently splitting up Fatiando into several different packages: https://www.leouieda.com/blog/future-of-fatiando.html

The gridding and interpolation part is already released and is called Verde: https://github.com/fatiando/verde
The gravity and magnetics part is being actively developed and is called Harmonica: https://github.com/fatiando/harmonica

Cheers,