I got warnings during testing

Alutsyah Luthfian

Jan 22, 2019, 10:19:22 AM1/22/19
to Fatiando a Terra

Hello, Leo,

I am Fian, and currently installed fatiando using Anaconda. I am new to Python and Fatiando (but familiar with MATLAB). After I tested the fatiando testing script, I got the warning described in the picture. Is the warning normal, or I need to repair my installation? Thank you for your assistance.

  • Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 17134 x64
  • Version of Fatiando: Fatiando 0.5
  • Python distribution: Anaconda 2018.12 for Python 2.7 version
  • Python version: 2.7.15
  • The script I run:

import fatiando
fatiando.test()

  • The error message:

included in the picture

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Leonardo Uieda

Jan 24, 2019, 11:23:01 AM1/24/19
to fati...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for reporting! That's a problem with incompatibilities with Fatiando 0.5 and the new versions of numpy and other libraries.
Right now, we don't have a short term plan to fix this because we're busy with a whole rewrite of the project.
Sorry for the inconvenience but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
You can already try out the first component that we released called Verde (http://www.fatiando.org/verde).

Cheers,

Leo

--
Leonardo Uieda

Visiting Research Scholar
Department of Earth Sciences - SOEST
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
www.leouieda.com

Alutsyah Luthfian

Jan 27, 2019, 12:46:54 PM1/27/19
to fati...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your kind reply, Leo
I have seen Verde (http://www.fatiando.org/verde/latest/) and I think this is absolutely stunning. Really a potential replacement to Golden Software's Surfer.
Going back to Fatiando, my goal with it was to process the gravity data provided from ICGEM (http://icgem.gfz-potsdam.de/tom_longtime) to know the Moho depth in Indonesian region, which would have a big impact on volcanology and seismological research there.
Do you have any suggestion so that I still can use your Fatiando software?
Thank you for your kind help,

Alutsyah Luthfian

Master of Science,
Graduated from Kyushu University
2018 Commencement Year

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Fatiando a Terra" group.

Leonardo Uieda

Jan 28, 2019, 3:20:39 PM1/28/19
to fati...@googlegroups.com
You could try following the instructions here: https://github.com/pinga-lab/paper-moho-inversion-tesseroids

There are instructions for setting up a working environment.
Let me know if your have any issues.

Cheers,

Leo

--