Three Days of Darkness

sutemos

Aug 28, 2008, 2:57:51 AM8/28/08
to Fr Joe: Questions & Answers
I have been hearing, increasingly, about the three days of darkness. I
know that a good number of the warnings are approved, while others are
not. The ones that are approved speak of preparedness and signs.
In regards to this time I have two questions.
1. is there any additional places that I can find, that are approved
by the church, for further reading.
2. What is the church's stand on this? I have tried to ask other
priests, but either get angry words saying I am foolish for believing
in such superstition or I get no response at all. I know we must be
prepared at all times, but God has spoken to others and ask they
spread the message for a reason. God does not leave us blind and
unknowing, unless we so choose.
I thank you for your aid and patience

Father Joe

Aug 29, 2008, 9:40:16 PM8/29/08
to Fr Joe: Questions & Answers
I have not heard much about the Three Days of Darkness since
1999-2000. I had friends who made shelters out of their basements
with water, food, and survival gear. Pretty much everyone I knew
caught up in the hysteria about that has since given up on it. It did
not happen when they thought it would. I never believed it. Many
elements were speculated: that if you looked out the window or went
out, you woud be lost; that people would become immediately aware of
all their sins and standing before God, causing massive conversion but
also chaos and violence; etc. Say your rosary, go to Mass, keep faith
in Christ and the commandments, and be prepared... because our Lord
will come like a thief in the night.

Peace!

smiley007

Sep 8, 2008, 7:47:08 PM9/8/08
to Fr Joe: Questions & Answers
Hi Fr Joe

When i was younger in an Eastern country, we were told that the
candles we got on the day before the feast of St Blaise were the only
ones that would work on the 3 days of darkness. I will try to find
some data on this and post it for you.

Regards
Smiley007