Ideas of Heaven? Promise Land

Gio

Apr 30, 2007, 7:29:51 PM4/30/07
to Fr Joe: Questions & Answers
I wonder what Heaven looks like, will it have dirt? .. in one of
St.Pio's letter he sees heaven everyone he closes his eyes yet he
can't describe it because it will ruin it.

have other saints given visions of the Christian's Final Home?

Father Joe

May 2, 2007, 1:52:28 PM5/2/07
to Fr Joe: Questions & Answers

Heaven is where God is, I guess all the rest is accidental.

Gio

May 2, 2007, 10:20:57 PM5/2/07
to Fr Joe: Questions & Answers

I guess Heaven for Christians is like what Israel was for Abraham...

Father Joe

May 12, 2007, 10:48:38 PM5/12/07
to Fr Joe: Questions & Answers
The earliest Jews did not stress an afterlife but saw God's reward in
land, prosperity and children. The story of Job and the question of
evil befalling good people is an instance where God revealed to them
that his justice will prevail, if not in this world then at least in
the next. The saints and angels see God and give him eternal glory in
heaven. We believe in the resurrection of the dead and the
glorification of the body. We will not remain disembodied ghosts
forever. Heaven is our true home.