How would I post an item to a contacts history via a post?

John Wooten

Aug 22, 2019, 11:25:30 AM8/22/19
to Fat Free CRM Developers
I am attempting to have a button on a FFCRM page for a contact that causes an action to be performed on an external server.  I want to take the results of that action and post back to FFCRM contact page and add the results of that action to the history for that contact.  I don't see a way to do that right now.  I'd like to be able to have my external server send a post or GET to FFCRM/something?contact=xyz&action=history&msg=a_message and have that message added to the contacts history and saved.

I'd appreciate any clues as to how to manage this.

Thanks,

reuben

Aug 23, 2019, 6:26:53 AM8/23/19
to Fat Free CRM Developers
This kind of thing is definitely possible if you are willing/able to code a little. do you know ruby/rails?

- for the button to send, that's going to require some editing of the views and controller code for contacts.

- for the post back to FFCRM, take a look at https://github.com/fatfreecrm/ffcrm_endpoint

you'll create an endpoint which loads a contact based on params then make whatever changes you need (add a message etc..) before saving it.

John Wooten

Aug 27, 2019, 11:55:49 AM8/27/19
to Fat Free CRM Developers
I do know some ruby/rails.  I have been attempting to post a comment to the contact using the following:

$('#msg').submit(function() {

// DO STUFF...

var displayDiv = document.getElementById('show_select');

var data = displayDiv.innerHTML;

<%
    uri
= URI.parse("http://localhost:3000/comments");

Net::HTTP.start(uri.host, uri.port,

:use_ssl => uri.scheme == 'https',

:verify_mode => OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE) do |http|

      req
= Net::HTTP::Get.new uri.request_uri
      req
.basic_auth 'heather', 'heather'
      req
.set_form_data( {

"comment[commentable_type]" => "Contact",

"comment[comment]" => "This is a test from curl in ruby",

"commit" => "Add Comment" } )

      response
= http.request req # Net::HTTPResponse object

end

%>

return true; // return false to cancel form action
});

Started POST "/comments" for 127.0.0.1 at 2019-08-27 11:37:19 -0400

Processing by CommentsController#create as */*

Parameters: {"comment"=>{"commentable_type"=>"Contact", "comment"=>"This is a test from curl in ruby"}, "commit"=>"Add Comment"}

Can't verify CSRF token authenticity.

Completed 422 Unprocessable Entity in 0ms (ActiveRecord: 0.0ms)Enter code here...

I am using the demo data and heather/heather is the userid and password for heather whose contact I am trying to alter.

Any ideas about what to do here?

reuben

Aug 27, 2019, 7:07:14 PM8/27/19
to Fat Free CRM Developers
A couple of things:

1. you might need to look at how comments are posted by the normal view action. at a glance you're missing some form data (id of contact?)

app/views/comments/_new.html.haml

2. You can make your code work, but only by overriding (and disabling) some of the security features for that controller action. so I would think you'd be better to roll your own endpoint to handle this - see the extension I pointed you to previously.

if you are determined to make your code work as posted, you'd change the comments controller and add something like the following

protect_from_forgery :except => [:create]

def single_access_allowed?
      (action_name == "create" || action_name == " etc... if you need to whitelist other actions for http basic auth)
end