email configuration in ffcrm

vijju

Nov 8, 2011, 2:36:24 AM11/8/11
to Fat Free CRM Developers
Hi,
I would like to send and email to the user after successfull sign-up
process. I have configured send_mail settings in the core ffcrm, I can
able to see the email was sent from console, But I didnt get any
email.

Please gude me in a right way.

Thank You,
Vijayalakshmi.V

Nathan Broadbent

Nov 8, 2011, 3:04:50 AM11/8/11
to fat-free...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vijayalakshmi,

Currently, Fat Free CRM doesn't send any emails when a user signs up.
Emails are only sent for password reset instructions, and when a new email is received by the Dropbox.
You are free to add this notification yourself. If it is not working, I will need to be able to look at your code to tell you why.

Thanks,
Nathan

vijju

Nov 8, 2011, 9:34:07 AM11/8/11
to Fat Free CRM Developers
Thanks for your reply Nathan,

I am also not getting email from "password reset instructions" also,
but its showing in the console.
And I did not get the line you have said "and when a new email is
received by the Dropbox."
Can you please explain me that, I am getting concerned that I am
missing something.

Thank You,
Vijju

Nathan Broadbent

Nov 16, 2011, 1:43:04 PM11/16/11
to fat-free...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vijju,

Fat Free CRM has an email dropbox. You can configure it to retrieve email messages from an IMAP inbox and process them. It attachs the emails to the contact who sent or received them. So you can set up an email notification to be sent to you each time an email is processed by the 'dropbox'.

I'm not sure why you are not getting email. Please make sure you have the following lines in config/environments/
development.rb

config.action_mailer.perform_deliveries = true
config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true

That means you will be able to see if any errors are happening, otherwise the Rails app will ignore them without any warnings. Please post the error log, and I should be able to fix your issue.

Thanks,
Nathan

John Wooten

Aug 23, 2019, 9:48:05 AM8/23/19
to Fat Free CRM Developers
Is there a test for the email setup?  It would be helpful to know how to run that test.