Re: [fastr-users] issue while importing fastr

Marcel Zwiers

Mar 14, 2018, 4:25:19 AM3/14/18
to Sara, Fastr Users
Hi Sara,

There are plans to port fastr to python 3 but currently it is still dependent on python 2.7.

All the best,
Marcel

Dear fastr users,
I am getting started with fastr and I am not a pro python user, so forgive me please!
When importing fastr package I get the following error (plese see screenshot).
There are some packages in python 3 that have changed the name. So far, I found builtins and urlparse module, but I am still not able to get this working.
So, is fastr 2.0.1 not available in Python 3.6?
Thanks for helping!
Bests,
Sara

Hakim Achterberg

Mar 15, 2018, 10:08:28 AM3/15/18
to Fastr Users
Hi Sara,

As Marcel indicated, we are currently using Python 2.7 for fastr. We a planning to release a new fastr version fairly (we are aiming in 2 weeks) soon which is still Python 2.7, after that we have planned fastr 3.0 which should be Python 3.5+ (we will drop Python 2 support). This should happen before summer.

Kind regards,
Hakim