Fastr 2.1.0 Release

Hakim Achterberg

Apr 13, 2018, 10:05:40 AM4/13/18
to fastr...@googlegroups.com
We just release Fastr 2.1.0, this updated add a few new features. The Docker/Singularity support has been dusted off and test and a SLURM Execution plugin has been added.

The full changelog can be found at: https://fastr.readthedocs.io/en/2.1.0/static/changelog.html

The packages are uploaded to pypi, so installing should be as simple as pip install fastr==2.1.0 or pip install --upgrade fastr==2.1.0 to upgrade.

If you experience any problems or would like to request features for future version, please post to the discussion group.

The next non-bugfix release should be Fastr 3.0.0 which will switch over to Python3!

Marcel Zwiers

Apr 13, 2018, 10:26:28 AM4/13/18
to Hakim Achterberg, Fastr Users
The announcement is somewhat confusing wrt the version (interchanging between 2.0.0 and 2.1.0)...

We just release Fastr 2.0.0, this updated add a few new features. The Docker/Singularity support has been dusted off and test and a SLURM Execution plugin has been added.

The full changelog can be found at: https://fastr.readthedocs.io/en/2.0.0/static/changelog.html

The packages are uploaded to pypi, so installing should be as simple as pip install fastr==2.1.0 or pip install --upgrade fastr==2.1.0 to upgrade.

If you experience any problems or would like to request features for future version, please post to the discussion group.

The next non-bugfix release should be Fastr 3.0.0 which will switch over to Python3!

Hakim Achterberg

Apr 13, 2018, 10:29:41 AM4/13/18
to Fastr Users
Hi Marcel,

It appears it is Friday afternoon and my mind is already focusing on the weekend... I thought I had changed that, I just edited the announcement, of course the email cannot be changed anymore. Anyways, the new version is obviously 2.1.0

Kind regards,
Hakim

Marcel Zwiers

Apr 13, 2018, 10:56:29 AM4/13/18
to Fastr Users
Thanks for the new version! Two things I noticed on my system:
  1. "pip install --upgrade fastr==2.1.0" has never worked for me (gives error messages). The only thing that works is a new install
  2. After "pip install fastr" I get this "ImportError: No module named boto3" which disappears after I do "pip install boto3"
Have a nice weekend!
Marcel