I'm very happy to introduce one of our most significant and largest releases of the FastNetMon Community: 1.2.3.
We have a long standing tradition to name releases after towns in the United Kingdom and that's a time to pay tribute to our capital which is where FastNetMon LTD headquarter is located.
This release includes a completely new network packet parser and new state of the art XDP traffic capture plugin.
You may find the full list of changes below.
- Added new AF_XDP plugin for high efficient XDP based traffic capture
- Added IPv6 support for sFlow plugin
- Added configuration option logging_level to control log level between info and debug
- Switched systemd unit files to use simple daemon type and disabled our own forking logic
- Reworked very error prone and complicated to use and maintain json-c to modern nlohmann/json
- Reworked IPv4 per network counters to completely new unified counters logic
- Removed ExaBGP backed Flow Spec implementation due to API compatibility issues
- We deprecated configuration field notify_script_pass_details and enabled it by default. You need to read stdin attack information for both ban and attack_details actions
- Reduced number of packets for attack confirmation from 50 to 20 as 50 is too much for sampled protocols
- Complete migration to new high efficient native C++ network packet parser which has full support of IPv6 and GRE tunnelling
- Reworked total traffic counters to use unified class total_speed_counters_t
- Switched HTTPS client to use TLS instead of outdated SSL
- Add logic to export usage statistics with the goal to learn more about customer platforms and most popular features in FastNetMon. It can be disabled using configuration option: disable_usage_report = on
- Breaking change in logging configuration, we replaced our snowflake 'logging:' prefix by standard 'logging_'
- Added logic to catch stacktrace in case of segmentation fault
- Added logic to restart FastNetMon in case of failures using systemd capability: Restart=on-failure
- Improved statistics for AF_PACKET
- Addressed race condition in API logic for unban and ban operations
- Removed dependency on json-c
- Upgrade OpenSSL to 1.1.1q
- Upgrade Boost to 1.80
- Added dependency on libelf (AF_XDP plugin)
- Added dependency on libbpf (AF_XDP plugin)
CTO, FastNetMon LTD