fastnetmon upgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.2.2 on Centos 6.7

l.aj...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2022, 4:41:29 AM8/31/22
to FastNetMon user group
Hello,

we have fastnetmon 1.1.3 and we want to upgrade to 1.2.2 because host_groups currently doesn't work on current version.
Also we have configure mikrotik plugin because we have mikrotik router and we already backup all configuration files.
So could anyone share guide to upgrade fastnetmon to newest version 1.2.2.

kind regards

Pavel Odintsov

Aug 31, 2022, 6:00:42 AM8/31/22
to l.aj...@gmail.com, FastNetMon user group
Hello!

CentOS 6 is extremely old and latest FastNetMon Community does not support it.

You may find CentOS deprecations notes here

You can use only FastNetMon Community 1.2.0 version it.

I would recommend upgrade to AlmaLinux 8 or switch to Ubuntu LTS 22.04 as these distributions offer all modern capabilities.

You can run installer and it will install latest available version: https://fastnetmon.com/install/

I recommend making backup for /etc/fastnetmon.conf before installation.

Hostgroups capability is extremely limited in community version and if you need multiple hostgroups I can recommend Advanced edition which has lots of improvement:

Free one month trial can be requested using this form:

--
Follow us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/fastnetmon | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fastnetmon/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fastnetmon/
---

Pavel Odintsov

Aug 31, 2022, 6:17:10 AM8/31/22
to Ajdin Lupcevic, FastNetMon user group
Hello!

I've provided guide about upgrade in my email, please read it.

You need to make backup and then run installer, that's all.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 at 11:14, Ajdin Lupcevic <l.aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
ok, how can i upgrade to 1.20 and how can I configure host group for
25 ip's with different threshold

kind regards

Pavel Odintsov

Aug 31, 2022, 7:15:14 AM8/31/22
to Ajdin Lupcevic, FastNetMon user group
Hello!

That's absolutely correct.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 at 11:52, Ajdin Lupcevic <l.aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
So upgrade proces is same like guide on link https://fastnetmon.com/install/ download and install and it will install 1.2.0 version....