Hostgroup Overlap Question

Jesse DuPont

Feb 22, 2021, 3:28:41 PM2/22/21
to FastNetMon user group
Hello. We are using the global hostgroup for detection, of DDOS's, which is working fine. However, we have three /32's that have the ability to consume data at a level which is surpassing the thresholds we have set on the global. Can I simply create a new hostgroup with those three /32's as the networks and apply different thresholds to that group and expect it to work? Will it work because the /32's are more specific than the larger prefixes which are part of global? Or do I need to take other steps to have different threshold apply to these /32's, which are part of the global networks_list?

Thanks!
--

Jesse DuPont

Owner / Network Architect
email: jesse....@celeritycorp.net
Celerity Networks LLC / Celerity Broadband LLC
Like us! facebook.com/celeritynetworksllc

Like us! facebook.com/celeritybroadband

Pavel Odintsov

Feb 22, 2021, 3:40:14 PM2/22/21
to Jesse DuPont, FastNetMon user group
Hello!

Yes, it will select /32 as more specific but you need to add each individual /32 into networks_list to make it work.

--
Follow us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/fastnetmon | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fastnetmon/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fastnetmon/
---

Jesse DuPont