New release of FastNetMon Community: 1.2.2 Whitstable

Pavel Odintsov

Jun 22, 2022, 8:11:15 AM6/22/22
to FastNetMon user group
Hello Community!

I'm very happy to announce the new release of FastNetMon Community. We made great progress with performance improvements and added plenty of new platforms.

New platforms:
  • Added support for RHEL 9, Alma Linux 9, Rocky Linux 9
  • We're part of Fedora Upstream (Rawhide, 35, 36)
  • Added upstream support for Homebrew and MacOS builds
  • Deprecated Ubuntu 14.04. The last version which supports Ubuntu 14.04 is 1.2.1.
  • We're back in Debian upstream
Changes:
  • Upgrade our custom gcc compiler to latest version available: 12.1.0
  • Switched FastNetMon to C++ 20
  • Reworked convert_timeval_to_date to std::put_time to avoid low level snprintf manipulations
  • Reworked Patricia code to be more C++ compliant
  • Added logic to log only to console to use native systemd logging facilities with flag --log_to_console
  • Added new flag disable_pid_logic which disables PID writing and checking logic. It's legacy for init based distros and we do not need it for modern distributions
  • Added explicit error if we cannot create socket for AF_PACKET
  • Debian upstream build system was moved to Debian Salsa
  • Moved all FastNetMon Community files to /opt/fastnetmon-community
  • Upgrade GoBGP to 2.27
  • Moved all binaries to /opt/fastnetmon-community/app/bin
  • Upgrade Boost 1.74 to 1.78
  • Upgrade json-c to 0.13.1 20180305
  • Added logic to fix set_boost_process_name compilation on Apple platforms
  • Ported libsflow to our unified endian-less conversion library
To install or upgrade FastNetMon Community we recommend using our automated installation tool: https://fastnetmon.com/install/

In addition to FastNetMon Community we offer FastNetMon Advanced which includes plenty of exclusive features to push your DDoS defense to the next level: https://fastnetmon.com/compare-community-and-advanced/

Want to follow our exciting and way more frequent releases for Advanced edition? Subscribe here: https://github.com/FastNetMon/fastnetmon-advanced-releases/releases

At any time you can request completely free one month trial for Advanced edition: https://fastnetmon.com/trial/

Will be happy to answer any questions here or off the list.

Thank you!

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov