How to set threshold but do not ban IP

Eugene Olowofela

Oct 29, 2020, 10:44:06 AM10/29/20
to FastNetMon user group
Hello,

Can you send me the commands to set bandwidth threshold limit. When the limit is reached then  Fastnetmon should send me email notifications but do not ban the incoming IP address?

Thanks,

Pavel Odintsov

Oct 29, 2020, 10:56:22 AM10/29/20
to Eugene Olowofela, FastNetMon user group
Hello!

To be completely clear FastNetMon cannot block any address because it does not process traffic. It can send email alert or it call script or can make BGP announce. You just need to disable BGP callback and keep only email / script callback.

--
Follow us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/fastnetmon | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fastnetmon/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fastnetmon/
---

Eugene Olowofela

Oct 29, 2020, 10:58:51 AM10/29/20
to Pavel Odintsov, FastNetMon user group
Thanks, Pavel,

Can you please send the URL of the link where I can find the commands to set the bandwidth threshold limit?
--
Eugene Olowofela
Senior Network Engineer

m:647-622-7737
w:pivotree.com
e:eugene.olowofela@pivotree.com

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), contain confidential proprietary business information, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system

Pavel Odintsov

Oct 29, 2020, 11:01:29 AM10/29/20
to Eugene Olowofela, FastNetMon user group
Hello!

Sure, you can check “attack threshold configuration” section in

For community edition you need to check /etc/fastnetmon.conf for threshold section, you need to enable specific threshold and then specify value for it.
--
Pavel Odintsov

Eugene Olowofela

Oct 29, 2020, 2:59:51 PM10/29/20
to Pavel Odintsov, FastNetMon user group
Thanks, I'll check it out.