Clean Install

Ofni Chadesch

May 7, 2021, 9:05:59 PM5/7/21
to FastExcelV4
I bought and installed today the bundle available on the website on a Windows 10 Pro PC in S mode, with Microsoft Excel for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.14029.20000) 64-bit. I followed all the instructions from the manual install and rebooted the computer, however, whenever I start Excel, I receive three warning dialogs ("Error: (48) File not found:  QlmCLRHost_x64.dll" twice & "Unable to load fxlV4SpeedTools64.xll" once) and the add-in tab in the ribbon never loads. Please, note that I am able to see these files in the installed directory.
I extracted the FastExcelV4 folder in the C:\Program Files (x86) path, in keeping with the convention followed in the QLMBundle.txt file, after making sure that the download archive was unblocked. I also made sure that no file in the list provided on the website is blocked. (I noticed the small typo FastExcelV4/FastExcel V4 Manager Pro/FxlMgrPro.xlam instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\FastExcelV4\FastExcel V4 Manager Pro\fxlMgrProWin.xlam which does not reoccur in the instructions for activating its corresponding add-in).
The only deviation from instructions was when I changed the QLMBundle file by entering a computerID, so I could activate the license online. Unfortunately, I cannot run the License Wizard (QlmLicenseWizard) with the given Computer Bound Key, because FastExcel is not a Microsoft-verified app. (Doing so would irreversibly break S mode.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you!

Charles Williams

May 8, 2021, 5:08:01 AM5/8/21
to FastExcelV4
I have not tested in Windows S Mode - FastExcel is not available from the Windows Store.

Something is preventing the QLM and XLL files from being loaded: probably something in S mode.

Are you able to make the folder you used for the FastExcel install a trusted location?

Ofni Chadesch

May 8, 2021, 2:41:16 PM5/8/21
to FastExcelV4
Hi Charles,

Thanks for getting back to me.
I have noticed indeed that FastExcel is not available in the Windows Store. That's why I used the manual install (also, the automatic install won't run because it is not a Microsoft-verified app).
I don't know what in the S mode is preventing the QLM and XLL files to load, and I don't have a clue on what I could do to fix it.
Yes, I followed the instructions on the website and I have made C:\Program Files (x86)\FastExcelV4 and its subfolders a trusted location to no avail.

 Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ofni Chadesch

May 9, 2021, 4:46:33 PM5/9/21
to FastExcelV4
Maybe this can give you more insight into the S mode: Planning a Windows 10 in S mode image.

Charles Williams

May 9, 2021, 5:57:02 PM5/9/21
to FastExcelV4
Thanks,

Sorry, it does not look like there is a way of installing FastExcel V4 with Windows S,