Feature requests

Levi Bailey

Feb 10, 2020, 12:50:25 PM2/10/20
to FastExcelV4
Just wondering whether you would like us to post feature requests here, or anywhere for that matter? No problem if that would not be of interest.

Charles Williams

Feb 10, 2020, 1:01:44 PM2/10/20
to FastExcelV4
I think posting here is probably a good idea.

Levi Bailey

Feb 10, 2020, 1:27:07 PM2/10/20
to FastExcelV4
These are just ideas that jump out at me as a new user, rather than meaningful feature requests that would specifically improve any of my workflows:
 - In the main field of the Name Manager Pro form, include the additional columns that appear in the list that can be exported to a worksheet. "Visible", "Local", and "UnUsed" are the ones that I most anticipate being useful within the form.
 - In the main field of the Sheet Manager, include columns that show the Code Name
 - Tell us not to type or click things when doing so could cause problems. For example it seems like mapping styles, names and number formats (I guess it's specifically number formats) relies on a bunch of SendKeys, and if we press keys or click things while it is running (e.g. to try and work on something else while it is running) then things go wrong. To preempt the natural question: nothing significant has gone wrong for me, just a stray "Format Cells" form left open, and upon closing it the tool seemed to continue as intended.

Charles Williams

Feb 24, 2020, 7:47:25 AM2/24/20
to FastExcelV4
Thanks Levi,

  • I changed the message on Map Number Formats to warn about interrupting sendkeys
  • Don't want to add extra columns to Name Manager - the form is wide already (and complex!) - and you can filter for visible local and unused.
  • Adding CodeName to Sheet Manager is a good suggestion

Charles Williams

Feb 27, 2020, 8:25:42 AM2/27/20
to FastExcelV4
Build 493.799 adds CodeName to Sheet Manager

Levi Bailey

Feb 29, 2020, 1:36:17 PM2/29/20
to FastExcelV4
Looks good, thanks!

dwight...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2020, 8:45:39 AM3/3/20
to FastExcelV4
I would like a first() and last() function.

first() would return the first non-empty entry in an array/list.
last() searches from the end.

it would be handy if a first parameter could specific what "empty" means: 1-not zero, 2-not blank, 0-both/either.

eg: first(0,H1:H30)  returns the first non-blank, non-zero value in the column.

a variation of the function could return the item number rather than the value.

Thank you.

GREAT STUFF by the way! It is painful to look back at all my spreadsheets over the years and try to imagine how much could have been saved.

Charles Williams

Mar 3, 2020, 10:16:22 AM3/3/20
to FastExcelV4
Good request.

You can do something similar with FILTER.IFS which allows for data type filtering and has special criteria #EMPTY, #ZLS (zero length string), #BLANK, #TXT etc
And you could probably do it with Rgx.AMATCHNTH if you could figure out the regex expression.

But FIRST() and LAST() would be much simpler.