Manager Pro 493.799 and other recent changes

Charles Williams

Feb 27, 2020, 8:37:12 AM2/27/20
to FastExcelV4
Just uploaded a new build 493.799 of Manager Pro with some small enhancements:
  • More control over coloring options in Formula Explorer Pro settings
  • Added CodeNames option to Sheet Manager
  • Ctrl-A selects all currently filtered names in Name Manager Pro : bypass for Mac Excel Listbox Shift-Click bug with more than 256 items in a multi-select listbox
  • Fix for incorrect initial select in Formula Explorer when Formula Indent switched off.
  • Fixes for Cyrillic (and other Unicode code pages) in Formula Explorer Pro and Profiler.
  • Added Check DA to Manager Pro - utility for checking backward compatibility of workbooks created in Dynamic Array Excel 365
  • Revised Name Manger Pro documentation and Help

Levi Bailey

Feb 28, 2020, 12:26:32 PM2/28/20
to FastExcelV4
How are we supposed to upgrade to new builds?

I didn't find anything like an "update" option or information on the website. My previous installation was manual and I didn't have an uninstall option in Windows' "add or remove programs", so deleted all the files and tried an automatic install. This didn't work and gave some weird error when trying to open Excel, so I uninstalled with "add or remove programs" which was now available. Then I tried the manual install and am getting more weird error messages. This is the one of the three:

Error: (-2146233067) Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\FasetExcel V4 Manager Pro\QlmLicenseLib.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Have looked into it and it appears as though there must be some technical fix like changing the registry, which I generally don't have appetite for and currently don't have time.

Charles Williams

Feb 29, 2020, 11:34:58 AM2/29/20
to FastExcelV4
Upgrade by downloading the latest build from the website and reinstalling.

Usually that error message is the result of Windows blocking the QlmLicenseLib.dll

Levi Bailey

Feb 29, 2020, 1:26:15 PM2/29/20
to FastExcelV4
For anyone else reading:
  • Don't manually delete the files - just close Excel and run the new installer.
  • If you do what I did and have the same problem, for me the following steps fixed it on the second day. I don't know what happened different after trying repeatedly and there must be a more elegant solution.
     (1) Uninstalled Fast Excel V4.
     (2) Run the installer as administrator from a normal account [tried opening Excel and got error messages].
     (3) Uninstalled.
     (4) Run the installer from an admin account [tried opening again and still got error messages].
     (5) Uninstalled.
     (6) Repeated step 2 and for some reason it seems to be working normally now.