Fast Downward 22.06.1 released

Malte Helmert

Sep 15, 2022, 12:13:01 PM9/15/22
to Fast Downward
Dear Fast Downward group,

we are happy to announce the release of Fast Downward 22.06.1.
This is our first bugfix release ever -- we screwed up. :-)

Fast Downward 22.06.1 fixes two serious bugs in Fast Downward
22.06:

- Driver configurations relying on certain kinds of time limits (using

the `--overall-time-limit` option or portfolios) crashed when using

Python 3.10.

https://issues.fast-downward.org/issue1064

- Using post-hoc optimization constraints (`pho_constraints`) caused

crashes (segmentation faults) or other undefined behavior.

https://issues.fast-downward.org/issue1061

The Apptainer (formerly known as Singularity) and Docker distributions
of the planner include LP support using the SoPlex solver. Thank you to
ZIB for their solver and for giving permission to include it in the
release. SoPlex is licensed under the ZIB Academic License.

To download the release and to see the full set of changes, see:

https://www.fast-downward.org/Releases/22.06

As always, please let us know if you encounter any problems with the
release artifacts (tarball, Apptainer image, Docker image, Vagrantfile).

Happy planning,
the Fast Downward team