Banished from FB

Haruo (Leland)

Mar 9, 2024, 10:06:23 AMMar 9
to Fasola Discussions
I've been accustomed to posting the stuff I'm working on or thinking of working on or seeking someone to work on on Facebook, depending on the specifics or my laziness/wakefulness, on my own feed, in the New Harmony, Sacred Harp Friends, Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, and/or Kristanaj Himnoj groups usually. Yesterday this came to a screeching, unforeseen, and I hope not permanent halt, when Facebook announced to me that my account was being suspended because their "technology" had determined that I had either tried to pass myself off as a business and/or had not used my real name in setting up my account. Both absolutely ridiculous charges; my FB account is in my legal, birth-certified name, Leland Bryant Ross, and I have never tried to suggest that Leland Bryant Ross was a business. I don't have a clue really where their "technology" got such ideas. But at any rate, I am now unable to see what I have posted on FB, and I have 179 days in which to appeal and get them to overturn their ludicrous sentence. So anyhow, if you want to get hold of me for any reason, or to provide feedback on anything I've posted in any of those groups, better email me - rosh...@gmail.com - or text me at 206-321-3104. Here are a couple of tunes I've cobbled together today:
TRINITY_and_HAPPY-BIRTHDAY.jpg

Lisa Sieverts

Mar 9, 2024, 4:44:35 PMMar 9
to Haruo (Leland), Fasola Discussions
Haruo,

This is a very common SPAM technique. You can safely ignore that message. If you have any doubts, double-check the contact URL they mention. I bet it is not facebook.com.

Good luck.

Leland Ross

Mar 14, 2024, 12:07:16 PMMar 14
to Lisa Sieverts, Fasola Discussions
I think in my current case it *is* Facebook/Meta. Here's a screenshot; maybe there's a new layered kind of spoofing going on here, the email equivalent of spam phone calls that show legit phone numbers.
Let you know - how can I if I'm going too fast to be seen URL checks.jpg

j frankel

Mar 14, 2024, 4:20:19 PMMar 14
to Leland Ross, Lisa Sieverts, Fasola Discussions
I can tell you Leland that you are no longer showing up on Facebook, the same Facebook I am on, either as a friend or a searchable entity.

Not good.  Good luck with the appeal.  Try to get a human there to talk to you.  Maybe someone set you up by complaining about you to them.

Google Groups "Fasola Discussions" Email List
FAQ: http://ej345.com/fasola/Fasola-Discussions-FAQ.html
---