Shape-note singing in distant lands.

Lucas Cecim

Jul 2, 2022, 3:35:38 AM7/2/22
to Fasola Discussions
Hello, folks and tunesmiths!

I've been singing and studying shape-note singing by myself for some months. I discovered sacred harp singing in my teenage and rediscovered during the pandemics, where I started singing throw videos and audios at bandcamp. My experience in this style has helped me a lot since I am a musician and music educator in Brazil, where no "Harps" could be found by me. In my graduation at Music teching I started a lonely research for Shape-note singing and tried to master some singings making videos in harmony, but recently I enlarged my interests to a final dissertation in Music Teaching hoping to expand the use of shapes to my local church and basic education, for worship and spreading the Good News.
My point here is to find some help for starting a local singing, teaching with the shapes and share the social singing tradition of yours by my Amazonian Christian fellows and others who want to live an Shape-note singing experience.
How would you start a local singing?

I appreciate the group! His praise "shall sound from shore to shore".

Lucas Cecim.
Belém, PA. Brasil.

Lucas Cecim

Nov 8, 2022, 2:34:18 AM11/8/22
to Fasola Discussions
I am grateful for everyone who helped me in my inicial questions trough shape-note singing.
Here is the result of the first ever shape-note singing reunion in my city (and probably, in my country). In this link, we (try to) sing Dundee in four shapes.

His praise shall sound from shore to shore.
Lucas Cecim.
Belém, PA. Brasil.

Marian Mitchell

Nov 8, 2022, 8:57:35 AM11/8/22
to lg.c...@gmail.com, Fasola Discussions
That was lovely. Congratulations!

Google Groups "Fasola Discussions" Email List
FAQ: http://ej345.com/fasola/Fasola-Discussions-FAQ.html
---