읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Haruo (Leland)

읽지 않음,
2024. 5. 17. 오전 7:36:035월 17일
받는사람 Fasola Discussions
I set this poem that my Grandma (paternal grandmother) wrote on Feb. 12, 1924, to FAMILY BIBLE, which I think it works well with, but I'm wondering who composed the tune. Denson doesn't say. I know this is probably covered in Makers, but I don't have my copy at hand. Anybody know the origins of this tune?FAMILY-BIBLE_Too-few-are-the-garlands.jpg

Robert Vaughn

읽지 않음,
2024. 5. 17. 오전 10:10:455월 17일
받는사람 Fasola Discussions, Haruo (Leland)
Leland,

This tune appeared in William Caldwell's 1837 Union Harmony. Apparently he was the arranger. Warren Steel says that it is a variant of tune by J. C. Lowry in Columbian Harmony (1829).

William Caldwell was born in 1801 in Jefferson County, Tennessee. Union Harmony was printed in Maryville, Tennessee in 1837. Caldwell moved his family to Fannin County, Texas in 1856, and he died there in 1857.

Robert Vaughn
Mount Enterprise, TX
Ask for the old paths, where is the good way
For ask now of the days that are past...
Give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land.

On Friday, May 17, 2024 at 06:36:04 AM CDT, Haruo (Leland) <rosh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I set this poem that my Grandma (paternal grandmother) wrote on Feb. 12, 1924, to FAMILY BIBLE, which I think it works well with, but I'm wondering who composed the tune. Denson doesn't say. I know this is probably covered in Makers, but I don't have my copy at hand. Anybody know the origins of this tune?FAMILY-BIBLE_Too-few-are-the-garlands.jpg

Google Groups "Fasola Discussions" Email List
FAQ: http://ej345.com/fasola/Fasola-Discussions-FAQ.html
---
전체답장
작성자에게 답글