Categories?

Rick Cogley

Oct 26, 2014, 8:18:30 AM10/26/14
to far...@googlegroups.com
I was reading the docs and saw that I can add categories to the RSS using an attribute "category" on the top level of a post.
I tried this on a test post, and I can see the category in the RSS.

A couple of questions, if you please:

* how can I expose the categories in the rendered page - is there a macro or a way to reference the attributes?
* is there some kind of "collection" for a specific attribute, such that I can get all pages with that same attribute value?

Or, is it simply a better idea to have the .opml file itself act as the major category? Then maybe referencing "sub" opmls in a main opml via an include?

Please advise and thanks!
--Rick

Rick Cogley

Oct 26, 2014, 9:10:51 AM10/26/14
to far...@googlegroups.com
Opening the Fargo docs opml, it appears that a separate section acts as a kind of category that can be accessed in a menu.
Is this the idea?

Sincerely,
Rick

Rick Cogley

Oct 29, 2014, 1:53:40 AM10/29/14
to far...@googlegroups.com
Well, after quite a bit of experimenting, I am finally starting to get the hang of this. A little, anyway.

Fargo is a really great system and CMS.

After scouring the docs again, I found a statement that I could refer to any attribute by simply referencing it like a macro name. So, if I have a "categories" attribute, which is supposed to put the list of categories into my RSS feed, I can also refer to it in the outline for publishing, like:

Filed Under: <%categories%>

It would be neat if there were some "collection" of each category set, so that I could click on a link and see all the posts in that category. Seems like the rendering engine would have to go fetch them at render time, though, to generate any such pages...

Regards
Rick

Jeffrey Kishner