Displaying Radio3 posts in Fargo blog

Andy DeSoto

Nov 4, 2014, 4:09:29 PM11/4/14
to far...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Is there an easy way to make my Radio3 posts display on my Fargo blog?

Best,
Andy.

Rick Cogley

Nov 4, 2014, 6:11:44 PM11/4/14
to far...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy - I'm a newbie to Fargo, and want to know this same question.

What I think might work is:
  1. Include the Radio OPML on a node in the outline where you want to display the Radio posts
  2. Use javascript to display the RSS feed from your Radio outline
The first is done by making the attributes on the node:

type=include
... and,
url=https://dl.dropbox...

... with whatever the URL of the OPML is. As for the second, there are various examples on the web for showing RSS via Javascript.

My problem is, I want to have the Fargo blog on the home page, and, make another top-level node in the outline that "includes" a linkblog outline's posts while hiding that included node from the top page. As of now, all the top page nodes show on the top page, which looks a bit messy. I'd rather have a menu item that jumps the viewer to the linkblog, and not have the linkblog posts all listed at the bottom of the top page.

--Rick

Andy DeSoto

Nov 5, 2014, 9:59:09 AM11/5/14
to far...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick, thanks. Good ideas. Do you mind sharing the name of your blog so I can see what you're doing?

Rick Cogley

Nov 5, 2014, 3:03:50 PM11/5/14
to far...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I don't mind, but, I've got nothing implemented yet. I'm messing about on http://cogley.esolia.pro but I'm not yet sure if that's the final URL.