Fargo rendering in Firefox

Frank McPherson

Aug 16, 2015, 7:38:40 PM8/16/15
to fargo2
I installed to test the latest version of Firefox and it is having difficulty rendering Fargo. The input box used for the editing area of Fargo is not as wide as normal and shifted to the right and when I decrease the zoom level on the page (the screenshot I took was at 100%) the input box gets even more narrow.

The issue looks similar to the one Dave saw Doc Searls experience a while back with Scripting News, the screen shot that Corey Nagel included in the comments looks nearly the same. See: http://scripting.com/2015/02/27/problemWithScriptingNewsInFirefox.html

Kevin Driscoll

Sep 9, 2015, 1:02:42 PM9/9/15
to fargo2
Hi Frank,

I encountered the same problem using Firefox 40.0.3 on Windows 10. I seem to have fixed it for the time being by manually editing the CSS using the Web Developer plugin. The change, as documented in the comments on the link you posted, was to change:

.tab-content {
    overflow: auto;
}

.tab-content {
    overflow: visible;
}

Best of luck!
Kevin

Rodney Mitchell

Sep 9, 2015, 3:21:40 PM9/9/15
to fargo2
I've had this same problem in Chrome. Firefox is ok. Still haven't figured it out.

Frank McPherson

Sep 10, 2015, 2:35:30 PM9/10/15
to fargo2
I am not familiar with using the developer plugin, so I am having difficulty figuring out what to do. Can you be more explicit?

This seems to me something a user should not have to do.

--
Fargo docs: http://fargo.io/docs/

How to ask for help with software: http://scripting.com/2014/03/19/howToAskForHelpWithSoftware.html

Mail list: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fargo2
---

From the tablet of Frank McPherson
frank.m...@gmail.com

Kevin Driscoll

Sep 23, 2015, 8:35:36 AM9/23/15
to far...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

What's the best way to add this solution to Fargo? I've been making the change manually when I use Fargo but I'm sure it's a showstopper for users with less tolerance for mucking around with code.

Kevin

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Kevin Driscoll <drisco...@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree that editing the CSS on the client-side manually is not the best solution. The style is defined in bootstrap.css so it will require an addition somewhere in Fargo to override it. I have not tested this on other browsers, though, so I don't know what else it might break.

Kevin

Dave Winer

Sep 23, 2015, 8:36:33 AM9/23/15
to fargo2
Could someone write up, in a blog post, what the problem is, and what the solution/workaround is.

Dave