Complete list of attributes

John Olinda

Jul 19, 2015, 5:53:28 AM7/19/15
to far...@googlegroups.com
Is there a complete list of usable attributes in Fargo blogs and outlines? I've picked up bits and pieces here and there but can't seem to find the main repository where these can all be found after searching the docs and the mailing lists. Any assistance would be appreciated, and I'd be glad to help compile a complete list if it doesn't already exist. I would also be interested to know if there is a complete list of all #directives but that's not as high a priority for me at the moment.

Dave Winer

Jul 19, 2015, 11:21:43 AM7/19/15
to far...@googlegroups.com, jacki...@gmail.com
John, there is no list of attributes or #directives that exists as documentation.

There is a good list of #directives, however, in the form of an outline.

It might not be 100 percent complete, but when I was developing the CMS, I put an initialization for every directive in that file, and they override the initializations in the software. But there still could be a few that only the software knows about.

There are docs for many of the attributes scattered around the Fargo docs. It would be nice to see them all come together on one page, perhaps on a community-edited wiki.

Dave

John Olinda

Jul 20, 2015, 5:34:33 PM7/20/15
to far...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps the wiki could be hosted with the code on GitHub through one of the built-in repository wikis? Regardless of location, I'm happy to help compile the attributes list since I'm relying more and more on Fargo, especially for teaching, and so I want to do what I can to help.

If you have a place you'd like it hosted let me know, otherwise I can just start a repository wiki, get to work, and figure out the final resting place later.

Dave Winer

Jul 20, 2015, 5:37:24 PM7/20/15
to far...@googlegroups.com
I think a GitHub wiki is perfect.

I already have a repository for Fargo's templates.

Let's use the wiki there.

Dave

--
Fargo docs: http://fargo.io/docs/