Gettext problem

Andrea Mangiatordi

Nov 25, 2011, 3:01:25 AM11/25/11
to farfall...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

after having some hosting problems in my university (but also because I
wanted more independance) I moved Farfalla public install to my web
space on godaddy (where farfalla-project.org is).

The public install is still reachable via
http://code.farfalla-project.org/, thanks to a dns redirect.

The problem is that since I moved there gettext localization is not
working anymore. The problem should be related with cakephp (which I
updated to the last stable version of the 1.3 branch, with no
improvements) because I found trace of people having the same trouble on
many a forum.

The interesting thing is that localization changes authomatically by
detecting the browser language: it reacts perfectly where the db queries
are concerned, as the profile names always get translated (they do not
use gettext). All the rest, relying on gettext, does not.

The most common solution proposed for this same issue is restarting
apache, but I can't obviously think of it on a shared hosting plan. What
would you suggest me to do? Did you happen to experiment the same problem?

Thanks a lot

Andrea