New logo

1 view

Andrea Mangiatordi

Sep 14, 2011, 4:06:32 AM9/14/11
to farfall...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

this is part two of my efforts towards the creation of a new coordinate
image for Farfalla.

After the first logo stubs made by the graphic artist I contacted (which
did not satisfy me) I kept thinking about what kind of image I could
use. Yesterday I had an idea: creating an origami-like icon of a
butterfly, which is quite easy to draw myself, quite good for printing,
quite good for ... well, other things I have not thought of yet...

I would appreciate a feedback on this from you:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6327342/farfalla_logo_v2.svg

I personally like it, but I would prefer it if it looked a bit more
alive, do you understand what I mean? I am still thinking about the
lettering, too.

Any suggestions will be hugely appreciated.

Ciao

Andrea

Mario Ferraro

Sep 14, 2011, 6:52:39 AM9/14/11
to farfall...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Andrea Mangiatordi
<andrea.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hi Andrea,

To be honest, I do like this version better, too. It's really awesome,
congratulations :)
Origami is something that makes visible an "hidden shape" from a plain
indistinguishable piece of paper, so I see also deep references about
the main purpose of Farfalla (this is at least how I see it right now
:))
I'd say let's "think accessible" also in the logo, and choose a clear
font and maybe a "color-blind neutral" color (considering as much as
colorblindness types as possible). I don't know if cyan is such a
color, I don't have that much experience on this side of
accessibility, but it's just to give an idea.

Cheers,

Mario Ferraro

> Any suggestions will be hugely appreciated.
>
> Ciao
>
> Andrea
>

> --
> http://www.farfalla-project.org
>
> Hai ricevuto questo messaggio in quanto sei iscritto al gruppo
> Gruppo "Farfalla Developers" di Google Gruppi.

Andrea Mangiatordi

Sep 14, 2011, 7:38:03 AM9/14/11
Il 14/09/11 12.52, Mario Ferraro ha scritto:

> To be honest, I do like this version better, too. It's really awesome,
> congratulations :)

Thanks a lot :)

> Origami is something that makes visible an "hidden shape" from a plain
> indistinguishable piece of paper, so I see also deep references about
> the main purpose of Farfalla (this is at least how I see it right now
> :))

Yep, this was one of the leading ideas... together, I was thinking about
something very simple and lightweight. Origami came to my mind because I
used to practice this fine art (since I was 7, till long ago...)

> I'd say let's "think accessible" also in the logo, and choose a clear
> font and maybe a "color-blind neutral" color (considering as much as
> colorblindness types as possible). I don't know if cyan is such a
> color, I don't have that much experience on this side of
> accessibility, but it's just to give an idea.

I also have to check for the coloring. I am oriented towards using the
Amaranth font for the lettering because it is plain, elegant and freely
available (also in the Google Webfonts collection)

Ciao

Andrea