unable to build after co

fx61803

Mar 13, 2009, 12:32:30 PM3/13/09
to fardeven
Hello folks,

I tried just plain compiling after checking out recent revision 2712,
here's what did not work for me

- after checkout and opening the solution in VS2008 , it's not
possible to either build, rebuild or even clean the solution;
I had to delete far2.VS2008.sln ( seemed to be corrupted at the
beginning though )

- the tools in fardev\unicode_far\tools\ have no execute security
permission set, so any invocation from VS during post/pre build steps
ended cca like this
- Compiling farlang.templ.m4...
1>Access is denied.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
"Compiling farlang.templ.m4..."

I had to change security permission of
fardev\unicode_far\tools\lng.generator.exe
fardev\unicode_far\tools\m4.exe
fardev\unicode_far\tools\gawk.exe
to Full for the owner. They should be probably set properly for
Everyone, so they are executable on any machine...

- lng.generator.exe crashed for some reason
I've manually copied farlang.templ.m4 to farlang.templ since
farlang.templ has size of 0 bytes
( also to get rid of unresolved externals due to the localized
strings which neede review ;)

Hope this helps,
thanks for FAR !)