[Far Manager 0003934]: Long file names in panel shows in the other panel if they are longer than the panel size

Mantis Bug Tracker

Mar 14, 2022, 3:48:45 PM3/14/22
to far...@googlegroups.com
The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
<a target="_blank"
href="https://bugs.farmanager.com/view.php?id=3934">https://bugs.farmanager.com/view.php?id=3934</a>

Reported By: dannycoh
Assigned To:
Project: Far Manager
Issue ID: 3934
Category: Panel
Reproducibility: always
Severity: major
Date Submitted: 2022-03-14 19:48 UTC
Last Modified: 2022-03-14 19:48 UTC
I use dual panels with Alternative full mode and Show long names activated.
Everytime I change folder to folder that contains a very long file name, the
display shows the file name in the left panel as continuing into the right
panel.
The panel edge does not seem to clip the file name length to its own size.
It happens in all modes except Detailed, which is not usefull for me.
I use the latest build as of 14/3/22.
Installed without any plugins.
File is Unicode and contains chess symbols in its file name.
i.e
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟                                ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖.1

Its length is 66 characters and its size is 67 bytes.
Attached is a screenshot and the file itself.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Switch to dual panel.
2. Change left panel to Alternate full mode (Ctrl+0).
3. Check Show long names (Ctrl+N) in the left panel.
4. Change folder to a folder containing a file with very long name, more than
the panel width.
5. Try the file attached.

Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change