FarCry SHINY Release Candidate

Geoff Bowers

Feb 4, 2014, 5:45:14 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Here is a link to the latest release candidate (RC):

If you drop this into the webroot of a ColdFusion/Railo installation it should run the installer at:

You will need to set up a blank database (H2, mySQL or MSSQL) and DSN; then cross your fingers.

If you need a simple disposable install, just download the latest Railo Express direct from http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/download/ and drop the installer into the webroot. Railo Express can leverage its built in H2 file database as that's fully supported :)

Let us know how you go :)

-- geoff
twitter. @modius

AJ Mercer

Feb 4, 2014, 5:50:25 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
How is the data migration utility going?

As I understand it, the utility will be able to export out of mssql and import in to H2 - that would be very cool
--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

AJ Mercer
<webonix:net strength="Industrial" /> | <webonix:org community="Open" />
http://twitter.com/webonix

AJ Mercer

Feb 4, 2014, 5:51:09 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Is this download a Distro it just core?

On Wednesday, 5 February 2014, Geoff Bowers <mod...@daemon.com.au> wrote:
--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Geoff Bowers

Feb 4, 2014, 6:00:59 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
On 5 February 2014 09:50, AJ Mercer <ajme...@gmail.com> wrote:
How is the data migration utility going?
As I understand it, the utility will be able to export out of mssql and import in to H2 - that would be very cool

It's all good and working a treat :)  Try it out for yourself under the Admin section Skeleton Export.  In fact this RC installer is just the product of that exporter :)

GB

Justin Carter

Feb 4, 2014, 6:01:31 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:51:09 AM UTC+11, AJ Mercer wrote:
Is this download a Distro it just core?

It's the Chelsea sample project, with Core and the FarCry CMS plugin. We'll release other sample projects later :)

Justin Carter

Feb 4, 2014, 6:06:03 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:50:25 AM UTC+11, AJ Mercer wrote:
How is the data migration utility going?

There's a new skeleton export utility in the webtop under Admin -> Developer Utilities -> Skeleton Export which you can use to export your SQL (schema and data) and/or your code. So yes you can now effectively migrate between databases.

The main caveat for the "full" export (code, data and media) is that this currently doesn't work with "webroot" installs, we just need to add a little bit more code to the export process to bring those files into the zip, but if you manually copy the webroot files (minus the farcry folder) into the projects "www" folder then you can still do a full export that way.

cheers,
Justin

AJ Mercer

Feb 4, 2014, 6:30:08 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Nice one Deamonites!

Will try and check it out today (and the CloudBees one as well)
--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

AJ Mercer

Feb 4, 2014, 8:57:03 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
will the skeleton export utility be retro-fitted into farcry 6?

--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Geoff Bowers

Feb 4, 2014, 9:05:01 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

On 5 February 2014 12:57, AJ Mercer <ajme...@gmail.com> wrote:
will the skeleton export utility be retro-fitted into farcry 6?

Without a commercial sponsor, it's not on Daemon's roadmap.  Certainly happy to look at pull requests :)

GB

Matthew Williams

Feb 4, 2014, 9:19:06 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Can I drop this into an existing project? I'm looking at a new site,
and will be copying an existing one and reskinning it. I assume it will
do any updates on first run and I just need to go in and deploy any
missing bits through the admin?

--
Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX

AJ Mercer

Feb 4, 2014, 9:26:15 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Geoff Bowers

Feb 4, 2014, 9:28:45 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

On 5 February 2014 13:19, Matthew Williams <webm...@geodesicgrafx.com> wrote:
Can I drop this into an existing project?  I'm looking at a new site, and will be copying an existing one and reskinning it.  I assume it will do any updates on first run and I just need to go in and deploy any missing bits through the admin?

If you are upgrading an existing project, you should just grab the latest core as a ZIP direct from github.

Replace your existing core directory completely (assuming you have no local modifications) and restart the application with the ?updateall=yourprojectkey URL command.

?updateall will auto deploy missing properties for you as well as re-initialise the application.  We're still testing of course but it looks like you should be able to upgrade easily from any 6.x installation.

The "Chelsea" distribution comes with its own working project, sample data, examples of project specific modifications and so on.

GB

Matthew Williams

Feb 4, 2014, 9:45:50 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Core and CMS right?

Geoff Bowers

Feb 4, 2014, 10:05:49 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
The current FarCry CMS plugin should work with the new SHINY core. So you might try a core upgrade and test the water without going to the plugin.

We've also overhauled the ./farcrycms plugin as a separate project.  It's been a little while since the CMS plugin has been updated. We've been a bit brutal with ripping out what we think is redundant; for example, dmLink is gone.

I think its a whole lot better -- just saying you might want to dip a toe in the water and see whats changed before attempting an upgrade :)

GB

Justin Carter

Feb 4, 2014, 10:14:17 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM, AJ Mercer <ajme...@gmail.com> wrote:
will the skeleton export utility be retro-fitted into farcry 6?

For a FarCry 6 project that you wanted to "export" to a different DB server, I'd just do an upgrade of Core (only) to FarCry 7 and then run the Skeleton Export. There's probably no reason to stick with FarCry 6.x at that point :)

cheers,
Justin

Justin Carter

Feb 4, 2014, 10:22:52 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I've added an answer to AJ's question about how to do an upgrade from 6.x to 7.x:

I'll just re-iterate the first point here though:

  1. Back up your existing FarCry 6.x database. Upgrading to FarCry 7.x will perform updates which will make the database no longer compatible with FarCry 6.x!

Just wanted to make that clear :)

cheers,
Justin

Matthew Williams

Feb 4, 2014, 10:33:58 PM2/4/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Saw it, want it lots ;). The new CMS UI is one of the main reasons I'm
moving this site to 7.x.

Sean Coyne

Feb 5, 2014, 1:58:35 PM2/5/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Zip doesn''t extract properly for me.  See this screenshot:

Justin Carter

Feb 5, 2014, 3:12:59 PM2/5/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

The project insertion was missing a replace(), we'll upload a new zip today for those that wasn't it, otherwise yeah use GitHub :)

Geoff Bowers

Feb 6, 2014, 1:51:33 AM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

On 06/02/2014 5:58 AM, "Sean Coyne" <coyne...@gmail.com> wrote:
Zip doesn''t extract properly for me.  See this screenshot:

New zip up on the server:

And it includes the recent fix for Handpicked Rule to boot :)

Enjoy!

GB

Ashwani Singh

Feb 6, 2014, 11:40:51 AM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

I found issue for multilingual text when navigation refresh in Ajax mode .

For example this is my local url

&ajaxmode=1&responsetype=json&relativenlevel=0&bReloadBranch=true&
bLoadRoot=true&bLoadCollapsed=false&
bLoadLeafNodes=true&bRenderTreeOnly=false&expandTo=

I think  this code need to change ?

farcry\core\webskin\dmNavigation\webtopTreeChildRows.cfm

Line no 386

<cfcontent reset="true" type="application/json">

Replace with

<cfcontent reset="true" type="application/json charset=utf-8">

.

Justin Carter

Feb 6, 2014, 5:04:02 PM2/6/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I've pushed a fix for this to trunk. Please let me know if you still have any issues :)

Ashwani Singh

Feb 7, 2014, 7:13:55 AM2/7/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

Working fine now thx.

Ashwani Singh

Feb 12, 2014, 9:22:40 AM2/12/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

In farcry\core\tags\formtools\objectadmin.cfm

I passed attributes.bPaginateTop=1, still I can't see pagination on top as top="false" hardcoded can you please look into?
 <skin:pagination
paginationID="#attributes.typename#"
qRecordSet="#stRecordset.q#"
typename="#attributes.typename#"
totalRecords="#stRecordset.countAll#"
currentPage="#stRecordset.currentPage#"
Step="1"
pageLinks="#attributes.numPageDisplay#"
recordsPerPage="#stRecordset.recordsPerPage#"
submissionType="form"
oddRowClass="alt"
evenRowClass=""
r_stObject="st"
top="false"
bDisplayTotalRecords="#attributes.bDisplayTotalRecords#">

Justin Carter

Feb 13, 2014, 3:07:11 PM2/13/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

I pushed a fix for this last night, let me know if you still have problems :)

Pat Moody

Feb 14, 2014, 7:35:00 PM2/14/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoff,

Many thanks for this update. I've downloaded the latest from github but have bumped into a few problems.

The install appeared to complete successfully. If I try to view the web site it  It appears that the chelsea config folder needs to be copied one level below the web root so that farcryConstructor.cfm in the root can reference ../config/_serverSpecificConstructor.cfm (Copying the config folder there seems to overcome that issue). When I try to login I get the message of not enough permissions without being prompted for login details. When I try to view the site I get a "Problem loading page message" with - The page isn't redirecting properly, Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. On viewing the debug info on the install complete page there are a number of tables that have failed on insert. I can give you a list of these if you want.

I am using Railo 4.1.2.005 final on a Windows 8 platform. MySQL 5.6

Cheers
Pat

Justin Carter

Feb 14, 2014, 8:05:12 PM2/14/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pat,

If you delete the line that contains the <cfinclude> in the farcryConstructor.cfm then it should resolve your first issue, however if some tables aren't being created on MySQL 5.6 then that's a problem. Can you paste the debug info to the list if not not too long? (Otherwise feel free to email me directly).

I'll do an install now on MySQL 5.6 and see if I have the same issue.

cheers,
Justin

Ashwani Singh

Feb 13, 2014, 3:53:40 PM2/13/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
thanks Justin pagination working fine now but SEO UI still broken

Ashwani Singh

Feb 12, 2014, 10:07:11 AM2/12/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

Found another SEO UI issue.

Please find attached screen shot
SEO_UI_ISSUE.png

Justin Carter

Feb 14, 2014, 9:40:38 PM2/14/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I've tracked down Pat's issue.

For those installing on MySQL, be aware that you'll need to allow multiple queries in your MySQL DSN settings on Railo, e.g.

Allow multiple Queries true  false
Allow the use of ";" to delimit multiple queries during one statement

cheers,
Justin

Justin Carter

Feb 14, 2014, 10:07:18 PM2/14/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ashwani, I've pushed a fix for that now :)

Pat Moody

Feb 19, 2014, 2:39:45 AM2/19/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all - I have to say that this release is looking pretty impressive and solid! The Chelsea theme is pretty cool. Thanks for your assistance on the weekend Justin.

Justin Carter

Feb 19, 2014, 3:18:27 AM2/19/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, good to hear you got it going Pat :)