Repository Info Configuration

Mark Picker

Apr 1, 2014, 12:37:02 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
In light of how large my other thread regarding bugs is getting, thought best to post this simple one in a new thread.

The new Repository Info Configuration isn't displaying correctly (see screenshot below). Deleting/Resetting doesn't make any difference.

If you retype these with "\" and "b" in bin, it won't save the changes (no error). However if path is entered as "/" it saves correctly.

null

Justin Carter

Apr 1, 2014, 2:29:42 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I think this is somehow related to the same problem you have saving the TinyMCE config (and perhaps others..)... There is something broken with your JSON serialization. I haven't had a chance to update my local CF10 yet, but it looks like it's not escaping the backslashes when it is first serialized, and then it is trying to unescape them when is deserialized. Very strange... I'll take a look tomorrow.

--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Jeff Coughlin

Apr 1, 2014, 3:01:44 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
No, I had this problem too a week ago.  I forgot to log a bug and just manually fixed the slashes (plus I was on *nix anyway, so I had to change them regardless).  Depending on the browser I use, it either shows up as a little box like that or a question mark.

When I look at the default values in [core]/packages/forms/configRepositories.cfc for both properties it looks fine.  Maybe try adding a ftDefault with the same value (maybe it'll fix it).  Just a thought.

Jeff

Geoff Bowers

Apr 1, 2014, 3:11:51 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

On 1 April 2014 18:01, Jeff Coughlin <je...@jeffcoughlin.com> wrote:
No, I had this problem too a week ago.  I forgot to log a bug and just manually fixed the slashes (plus I was on *nix anyway, so I had to change them regardless).  Depending on the browser I use, it either shows up as a little box like that or a question mark.

Works fine on the following specs:

Operating System: Linux 3.2.2 (amd64)
Java Version: 1.7.0_25-b15
CFML Engine: Railo 4.1.2.005 (final) (Compatible 10,0,0,0)
Database: MySQL 5.5.32-log
Database: Drivermysql-connector-java-5.1.25 ( Revision: ${bzr.revision-id} )

Can you go to ADMIN > General > Sys Info and let us know what you're running on a system that generates an error with JSON serialisation?

Many thanks,

GB

Justin Carter

Apr 1, 2014, 3:23:32 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Jeff, are you using CF10? Which patch level are you at?

Currently working for me on:

Operating System Windows 7 6.1 (amd64)
Java Version 1.6.0_17-b04
CFML Engine ColdFusion Server 9,0,1,274733
Database Microsoft SQL Server Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 - 10.50.1600.1
Database Driver 4.1.024320 (042118.014905)

And:

Operating System Windows 7 6.1 (amd64)
Java Version 1.7.0_45-b18
CFML Engine Railo 4.1.2.005 (final) (Compatible 10,0,0,0)
Database Microsoft SQL Server 10.50.1600
Database Driver 4.0.2206.100

I've got a local CF10 Update 11 instance, just setting up a new site on it to test.

cheers,
Justin

Jeff Coughlin

Apr 1, 2014, 3:33:09 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
CF10 Patch13 (currently running on my mac) [ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000013.jar].  I just tried to save it as "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe" and when I come back I see the following in firefox:

My settings are:

Operating System Mac OS X 10.9.2 (x86_64)
Java Version 1.7.0_17-b02
CFML Engine ColdFusion Server 10,0,13,287689
Database Microsoft SQL Server Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.3000.0
Database Driver 4.2.1.026258 (F044269.U015818)

Jeff

Justin Carter

Apr 1, 2014, 4:02:23 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm this problem is happening on CF10 Update 11:

Operating System Windows 7 6.1 (amd64)
Java Version 1.7.0_15-b03
CFML Engine ColdFusion Server 10,0,11,285437
Database Microsoft SQL Server Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 - 10.50.1600.1
Database Driver 4.2.1.026258 (F044269.U015818)

It looks like there is a JSON deserialization bug that is only affecting CF10 - we'll have to come up with some kind of workaround.

Jeff Coughlin

Apr 1, 2014, 4:10:47 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I'm now on a Windows server (production) and am trying to edit the TinyMCE config (CF10.  update 12).  When I save the config (even an empty config) I get the following error which I believe is the same error as Mark.  Unfortunately this kinda sucks for me because I was tasked to deploy FarCry 7 in production for this client tonight =\.  Other configs give similar errors.  Some don't.

JSON parsing failure: Expected ',' or '}' at character 174:'a' in {"ownedby":"","typename":"configTinyMCE","createdby":"","lastupdatedby":"","datetimecreated":"","lockedBy":"","datetimelastupdated":"","label":"","tinyMCE_config":"theme : "advanced", plugins : "farcrycontenttemplates,spellchecker,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template", theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,spellchecker,farcrycontenttemplates", theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator", theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "separator,fullscreen,pasteword,pastetext", theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top", theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left", theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom", theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : true, theme_advanced_resizing : true, theme_advanced_resizing_use_cookie : false, extended_valid_elements: "code,colgroup,col,thead,tfoot,tbody,abbr,blockquote,...

Jeff

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Jeff Coughlin <je...@jeffcoughlin.com> wrote:
CF10 Patch13 (currently running on my mac) [ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000013.jar].  I just tried to save it as "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe" and when I come back I see the following in firefox:
<PastedGraphic-1.png>

Justin Carter

Apr 1, 2014, 4:20:16 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

Yep, it does suck... The data in the db looked fine, so the serialization is all good. I'm on the train on my mobile so I can't do much about it right now, but I'm wondering if it's the ESAPI methods in CF10 that are doing some weird escaping. Railo supports the same methods and it seems to be fine... I'll have to test it further tomorrow.

Cheers,
Justin

Jeff Coughlin

Apr 1, 2014, 4:21:07 AM4/1/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Okay, thanks

Justin Carter

Apr 2, 2014, 1:39:39 AM4/2/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
I've tracked this down to the ESAPI canonicalization and encoding in CF10. Since this was all in a lib I've been able to add two workaround methods for CF10 so that the encoding for HTML and HTML attributes happen as expected.

Can you give this patch a try from the head of trunk and let me know if it solves your problem? It should solve both the Repository config and the TinyMCE config issues.

cheers,
Justin

Geoff Bowers

Apr 2, 2014, 1:49:01 AM4/2/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

On 2 April 2014 16:39, Justin Carter <justin....@gmail.com> wrote:
I've tracked this down to the ESAPI canonicalization and encoding in CF10. Since this was all in a lib I've been able to add two workaround methods for CF10 so that the encoding for HTML and HTML attributes happen as expected.

Mark Picker

Apr 7, 2014, 8:00:33 PM4/7/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Justin! That update did the trick.

Now just need to remember what the hell I was doing/testing in FC7 before I came across this issue :)