FarCry 6 and FarCry 7 not playing well together

Mark Picker

Apr 7, 2014, 11:35:01 PM4/7/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have FC6 and FC7 running together on the same server. As I have only been using FC7 since installing it, I hadn't noticed that FC6 stopped working.

What I'm finding is if FC7 is working correctly, the following error gets reported by FC6:

Element MODE.LVALIDSTATUS is undefined in REQUEST

Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_7\core\packages\security\security.cfc (line: 846)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_6\core\Application.cfc (line: 581)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_6\core\Application.cfc (line: 557)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_6\core\Application.cfc (line: 353)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_6\core\Application.cfc (line: 342)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_6\projects\develop_wi_internet\www\Application.cfc (line: 43)

Taking note that the first line above is using FC7 security.cfc for some reason.

If I do an updateapp=1 on FC6, it starts working again, but now FC7 gets the following error:

The method defaultRequestMode was not found in component farcry.core.packages.security.security

Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_7\core\Application.cfc (line: 585)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_7\core\Application.cfc (line: 582)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_7\core\Application.cfc (line: 368)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_7\core\Application.cfc (line: 357)
Q:\inetpub\Develop\FarCry_7\core\webtop\Application.cfc (line: 10)
If I than do an updateapp on FC7 it starts working, but FC6 stops again.

Is there something special I need to do to have FC6 and FC7 not interact with each other when running on the same server?

Cheers

Mark

Sean Coyne

Apr 7, 2014, 11:39:52 PM4/7/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a /farcry mapping created at the server level?

Sean Coyne

Apr 7, 2014, 11:41:18 PM4/7/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and you may need to turn off "Component Cache" in the CF Admin otherwise once it resolves a path to a CFC it will not check again.  It is possible it has resolved "farcry.core.packages.security.security" as pointing to either the FC7 or FC6 version and is not checking again.

Mark Picker

Apr 7, 2014, 11:42:50 PM4/7/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
In IIS? Yes I do have /farcry for both sites with one point to FC6 and the other FC7.

Mark Picker

Apr 7, 2014, 11:48:22 PM4/7/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

I tried disabling Component Cache (and cleared the CF cache) but it made no difference. I assuming I don't need to restart ColdFusion for the changes to be applied?

Cheers
Mark

Geoff Bowers

Apr 8, 2014, 12:07:30 AM4/8/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

On 8 April 2014 13:48, Mark Picker <mark....@det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:
I tried disabling Component Cache (and cleared the CF cache) but it made no difference. I assuming I don't need to restart ColdFusion for the changes to be applied?

It's worth a try.  ACF have some weird caching issues with components that have abstract classes. Sometimes the only thing to get it going again is chicken sacrifice followed by service restart.

GB

Mark Picker

Apr 8, 2014, 12:36:31 AM4/8/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unchecking the component cache and restarting CF made no difference.

Cheers
Mark

Justin Carter

Apr 8, 2014, 12:50:32 AM4/8/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Make sure both apps have different application names in your farcryConstructor, otherwise they'll be using the same application scope and all sorts of weird things could happen...

--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Picker, Mark

Apr 8, 2014, 1:44:54 AM4/8/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

DOH! So obvious now. Thanks dude. I had renamed the FC7 copy of the site but forgot to change it again when I redeployed from SVN last week. Swear my memory is getting worse every day.

Guessing this is the source of other weird behaviour I had noticed in FormTools….

Thanks again!

Sean Coyne

Apr 8, 2014, 9:26:45 AM4/8/14
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got it sorted, but I meant a CF Mapping in the CF administrator.  If you had a /farcry mapping pointing to the FC6 install then, any references to /farcry or "farcry.core..." would use the mapping rather than your web server "virtual directory" as IIS refers to them.